Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  13
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Caseta Wireless Fan Control

Lutron has really slacked off in keeping up with their competitors... Fan / Light switch is offered by insteon that just replaced your exiting fan / light module. They dont make a smart on / off outlet like insteaon or idevices... I really hope they step it up.

Started a survey to try and let them know the demographic they are missing here: https://forums.lutron.com/showthread...seta-Fan-Speed
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Incredible

This thread sounds to me so incredibly incredible. I came to USA from Europe. USA is a country of endless business opportunities, where everything is possible. In free market, where people are desperately asking for certain product, willing to pay good money for it, Lutron decided not to implement FAN control for two years now!

FACT #1: Other competitors already have it. (I could post links here, but it is probably not allowed:)
    FACT #2: There is no combined light/fan smart Z-WAVE switch/dimmer yet, so there is even a market gap for this type of product. (which I think will sell really well)

For my US house I chose Lutron, because I like their Caséta Wireless product line. I like it more than Leviton, or GE. Not only functionality is great, but I like its design as well. So for my US house, I decided to have every switch Lutron. Simple as that.

However missing fan control will force me to re-thing this decision. Either I will have to switch to different brand completely, or combine several brands, what basically means to use fan control from some other vendor.

It is also big shame that no one from Lutron even bother to reply to this. People here seems to have a big patience and understanding, only if some basic information would be provided. No one is expecting product to be implemented in week or two. But people are looking for information and estimates. This is very tragic ignorance and communication fail.

Quote Originally Posted by nepto View Post
    This thread sounds to me so incredibly incredible. I came to USA from Europe. USA is a country of endless business opportunities, where everything is possible. In free market, where people are desperately asking for certain product, willing to pay good money for it, Lutron decided not to implement FAN control for two years now!

FACT #1: Other competitors already have it. (I could post links here, but it is probably not allowed:)
    FACT #2: There is no combined light/fan smart Z-WAVE switch/dimmer yet, so there is even a market gap for this type of product. (which I think will sell really well)

For my US house I chose Lutron, because I like their Caséta Wireless product line. I like it more than Leviton, or GE. Not only functionality is great, but I like its design as well. So for my US house, I decided to have every switch Lutron. Simple as that.

However missing fan control will force me to re-thing this decision. Either I will have to switch to different brand completely, or combine several brands, what basically means to use fan control from some other vendor.

It is also big shame that no one from Lutron even bother to reply to this. People here seems to have a big patience and understanding, only if some basic information would be provided. No one is expecting product to be implemented in week or two. But people are looking for information and estimates. This is very tragic ignorance and communication fail.
    Couldn't have said it better myself!!

I too am frustrated about this. I'm actually an electrical contractor and have bought Caseta for my own home but from the start I've had reservations about it simply because there was no fan control. I spent literally hours on Lutrons website trying to find a system based on that one demand for fan controls and with Lutrons reputation I just figured it was out there or would be soon but I now see I may have been wrong. Lutron, you have a good reputation, but I think it's evident that you're really dropping the ball here. Not only would fan controls completely sell me, but I have many customers that would love this as well. Who wants a system with 90% of needs met and have to pull a fan chain for speed? I'd like an update from lutron for the release of fan speed control

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    Ashwin,

Currently, Caseta Wireless does not have an in-wall fan controller.

Thank you for the feedback. I have passed this information along to the Caseta Wireless development team.
    So yeah, have you heard anything? I think its safe to say that WE'RE ALL STILL WAITING!!!

I own 2 homes in the US and have converted one home to Lutron Caseta, I am waiting for Lutron to have a fan controller in order to upgrade my second home. I am running out of patience!! I have been a longtime buyer of Lutron and always thought Lutron was a leader in home automation/lighting control but you are proving to be lacking in your ability to adapt to current market conditions. If nothing is announced by CES 2017 I will go with a competitor as a vote of no confidence to Lutron. It saddens me to think that a company that I had tremendous respect for has failed so miserably in something so simple. I will never go to your higher end solutions as they are too complex for my needs. What is going on in the industry is low end encroachment and Lutron needs to get on board or lose a significant customer base!!

8. Thanks clegger thanked for this post
    Likes clegger liked this post
    The latest brochure for Caseta prominently shows a fan- for HomeKit. So for the time being, they are promoting a non-Lutron answer for this dilemma. My little survey had 95% of the respondents as homeowners and 65% wanted multiple fans. This would be a small piece, but important one, in making Caseta a more "whole home" option on smaller places. A majority of people live in a dwelling that the 2000-2500 sq.ft. limit and less than 50 devices would cover completely. I am truly hoping that we get this piece sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    The latest brochure for Caseta prominently shows a fan- for HomeKit. So for the time being, they are promoting a non-Lutron answer for this dilemma. My little survey had 95% of the respondents as homeowners and 65% wanted multiple fans. This would be a small piece, but important one, in making Caseta a more "whole home" option on smaller places. A majority of people live in a dwelling that the 2000-2500 sq.ft. limit and less than 50 devices would cover completely. I am truly hoping that we get this piece sooner rather than later.
    Can you post a link to the brochure?

Quote Originally Posted by ZipZap View Post
    Can you post a link to the brochure?

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...a_Brochure.pdf

Page 4 shows the switch to turn a fan on/off, page 11 displays a Hunter fan that is HomeKit enabled. I personally found this as a cop-out. If we want HomeKit, we would presumably already be able to research HomeKit enabled fans. I would prefer an in-wall control as opposed to the control modules integrated into the fan. When the fan fails, new fan and keep going. "If" the control fails, new control and keep going. No sense paying extra for that fan when I have a perfectly good model that fits my decor already installed. Caseta is also aimed at the retrofit DIY market. There are a vast majority (Lutron's research supports this) that do not want to DIY, and a ceiling fan is a more difficult install for the average Joe than a simple dimmer.

12. Thanks devin thanked for this post
    Likes devin liked this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast