Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrading Main Repeater with 8.2.2 Failure

Upgrading Main Repeater with 8.2.2 Failure

I have tried to upgrade the software in my main repeater using the new 8.2.2 software. I have this probem with both a laptop connected by wifi and a desktop with wired Ethernet connection

It stalls at 13% then says cant upgrade- power cycle Main Repeater. Main retreater at that point is simply flashing. Everything works when the main repeater is power cycled and I can access and program using 8.2.1

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasDSmith View Post
    I have tried to upgrade the software in my main repeater using the new 8.2.2 software. I have this probem with both a laptop connected by wifi and a desktop with wired Ethernet connection

It stalls at 13% then says cant upgrade- power cycle Main Repeater. Main retreater at that point is simply flashing. Everything works when the main repeater is power cycled and I can access and program using 8.2.1

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
    Did you get anywhere with this? I would start with closing/reopening the Ra2 software, and if that doesn't work, reboot the PC. I've found many times activation problems that look like no connection to the processor can be fixed this way. After that I would call tech support.

Same for me... had a customer with version 6.2. Tried numerous times to update firmware, reaches a certain percentage then says can't upgrade - power cycle main repeater. Anything else I should be trying?

Quote Originally Posted by T1V1AK View Post
    Same for me... had a customer with version 6.2. Tried numerous times to update firmware, reaches a certain percentage then says can't upgrade - power cycle main repeater. Anything else I should be trying?
    Had the same problem yesterday until I remembered Rule #1 - "Disable ALL Firewalls."

Trying multiple times included over wireless router, then plugging in to network, then no firewalls, and finally directly connecting to the repeater removing the network entirely. Repeater still won't take a firmware update. This included several reboots of routers, repeaters, and computers. Software issues or is the repeater maybe the issue?

I a problem with any new Lutron OS version of being able to do the firmware update over wireless, but I never had this problem before 7.5 or so. Now what I do is take my Mac (running XP on Parallels) to the repeater and directly connecting it with a USB3 to Gigabit Ethernet NIC. This solves it and then I can update programming wirelessly. It sounds like your issue is different however, but I do think it's interesting that somehow changes occurred in the way firmware updates were done.

Quote Originally Posted by schalliol View Post
    I a problem with any new Lutron OS version of being able to do the firmware update over wireless, but I never had this problem before 7.5 or so. Now what I do is take my Mac (running XP on Parallels) to the repeater and directly connecting it with a USB3 to Gigabit Ethernet NIC. This solves it and then I can update programming wirelessly. It sounds like your issue is different however, but I do think it's interesting that somehow changes occurred in the way firmware updates were done.
    With newer versions of Lutron software in Parallels, you need to not used the Shared networking mode, but the Bridged networking mode. This is because Shared networking makes your mac act as another router essentially (Parallels and Mac will share a single IP on the network, and to do this, will use its own internal IPs) and often that internal IP will not be on the same subnet as the one the Mac has. In short, your parallels is incorrectly configured and newer versions of the RRA software are more sensitive to this.

8. Thanks schalliol thanked for this post
    That makes a lot of sense, thanks! I'll check that out.

Did you ever find the answer to this question? I had the exact same thing of stoping at 13% and then saying to cycle the repeater. I have tried everything listed below including disabling all fire walls and connecting directly to the repeater. I am running VM Ware on my Mac and I have the network adaptor set to bridged. My computer can find the repeater, but dies at exactly 13%. I really hope you have an answer to this....

I responded on the other thread. Your 13% issue seems to be unique from what I've seen. The direct connect method has always worked just great for me, and it sounds like you have some different kind of issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast