Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Question about Comcast security integration

Question about Comcast security integration

I recently had an xfinity security system installed. I now see that Caseta products are compatible with it for home automation. I am interested in installing a Lutron PD-6ans-WH in a 3-way switch configuration. I just want it to do simple on/off operation and then also have access to it through an app.

from what I can tell, a hub of some kind has to be used with it. Can I use my newly installed xfinity system as the "hub" since I have seen where items can be added!to this system. Or does it not work like this?

also, when I do get it installed and paired with the smart app, can I see whether that light is on or off through the app (& turn off if needed)?

Lutron Technical Support
    In order to have the Caseta controls work with Xfinity, you first need a Caseta bridge (model # L-BDG2-WH) and use the free Lutron Caseta app to set up the system. Once the Caseta side has been set up, you should then be able to link the Caseta bridge with the Xfinity system hub. You should then be able to use the Xfinity app to monitor and control the Caseta switches and dimmers. You would need to talk to Xfinity on how to link their app with our bridge.

OK, sounds good. If for some reason, xfinity can't set up the bridge, can I then just use the bridge and app independently from the Xfinity system? Also, in case I wind up dropping the Xfinity security in the future. Or is that where I would then need the "hub"?

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by mcf57 View Post
    OK, sounds good. If for some reason, xfinity can't set up the bridge, can I then just use the bridge and app independently from the Xfinity system? Also, in case I wind up dropping the Xfinity security in the future. Or is that where I would then need the "hub"?
    Yes, you can always use the Caseta app independently from the Xfinity system. In any case, in order to use either app, you will always need the Caseta smart bridge.

I have Comcast home too but they still haven't implemented control of Caseta. They do list Lutron Caseta as one of the products that "Works with Xfinity Home" but it doesn't . They're saying sometime this year but no definite date. It's kind of annoying that they should list it as working with Xfinity when it doesn't though.