Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't open database

Can't open database

hello every one,
    I downlaoded a database from a processor 4series and can't open it, message error : " 3343 Unrecognized database format ".
    can anyone help me plzz
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello techniquesmethodes,
    Thank you for your post.
    We were unable to repair the database. You will need to rely on a back up file if one is available. If a backup file is not available then the database will need to be written again.

Quote Originally Posted by techniquesmethodes View Post
    hello every one,
    I downlaoded a database from a processor 4series and can't open it, message error : " 3343 Unrecognized database format ".
    can anyone help me plzz

Was this Database extracted ? Or was it on your pc ? If it was not extracted you could try the HW Illumination extraction utility to retrieve the database from the processor. This would only be helpful possibly if extraction failing was occurring when trying to extract. If need be I can send you a link to the extraction utility. The extraction utility was a tool lutron offered when extraction was failing from Illumination processors. It has saved me several times. But it does not repair a database it is solely for extracting from processor.

4. Thanks Blair S. thanked for this post
    Likes Blair S. liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    Was this Database extracted ? Or was it on your pc ? If it was not extracted you could try the HW Illumination extraction utility to retrieve the database from the processor. This would only be helpful possibly if extraction failing was occurring when trying to extract. If need be I can send you a link to the extraction utility. The extraction utility was a tool lutron offered when extraction was failing from Illumination processors. It has saved me several times. But it does not repair a database it is solely for extracting from processor.
    Hi, Would it be possible for you to send me the extraction software? I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Thanks very much in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by topcat88 View Post
    Hi, Would it be possible for you to send me the extraction software? I am experiencing exactly the same issue. Thanks very much in advance!

Copy all the files from this folder into a folder on your machine then you can run the utility

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fvkfq5u1g...-II-UF_-a?dl=0

Thanks and a question.

Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    Copy all the files from this folder into a folder on your machine then you can run the utility

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fvkfq5u1g...-II-UF_-a?dl=0
    Thanks very much for posting this. Much appreciated. I have finally sourced a serial cable and have successfully extracted the dat file. When I chose to save it as an HDF though it seems to take ages and the app hangs? Do I just wait for it to finish or should it save to an HDF quickly?

I am using Windows 10 if that makes any difference although I also tried it on a Windows 7 machine and it had the same issue.

I would try windows xp machine for sure. Defiantly not something i would expect to run on windows 10. I use a win xp i first go into the processor and set the baud rate of the rs232 port I'm using very low. I then configure the port on the windows machine to use the same baud rate both with no handshaking. It takes a bit longer to extract at low baud rate but it is where i have had best success. The app should open the window to save and after 20 seconds should have saved file. I would try XP for sure

Any chance you can make HW Illumination extraction utility available? The dropbox link isn't working anymore. THANK YOU.

Try this I'm in flight trying to help from my phone

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/srwnbjdj1...dfvvSw-na?dl=0

YOU ROCK! thank you very much for trying to help me. I downloaded 4 files. If you run out of things to do, perhaps you have some ideas about how I can solve my problem. 6 minute video showing my problem is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMfxL_IZTRs

Think I should try to use older version of Homeworks or try extract utility first. Thanks again. I REALLY appreciate your willingness to help me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast