Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: QS RF system file transfer fail

QS RF system file transfer fail

I have two HUGE RF systems that I am currently working on. Both of which have about 200-250 keypads/dimmers/switches/hybrid devices all RF. when I transfer to the system (hard wired from my laptop to the first processor) I get about a 50% device failure rate. I can eventually get them to transfer the data base by "retrying failed devices" but this is excruciatingly slow and annoying. Anyone have any ideas? All repeaters are within decent proximity.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulie631 View Post
    I have two HUGE RF systems that I am currently working on. Both of which have about 200-250 keypads/dimmers/switches/hybrid devices all RF. when I transfer to the system (hard wired from my laptop to the first processor) I get about a 50% device failure rate. I can eventually get them to transfer the data base by "retrying failed devices" but this is excruciatingly slow and annoying. Anyone have any ideas? All repeaters are within decent proximity.
    Paulie631,

Do you see the same set of devices that tend of have issues? If you do, verify those distances to the closest repeaters and the distance of that repeater to the next closest repeater. Those devices may be on the edge of range and having issues keeping a connection when transferring.

Also ensure the repeaters are not in high RFI locations such as AV closets. They can cause issues with RF signals when communicating to devices.