Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: DVCL-153P Issue

DVCL-153P Issue

Hello, I have installed the DVCL-153P in a 3 way application for a customer. When the LED cans are turned on at the dimmer (setting of dimmer in any setting from lowest to middle to brightest) the lights come on to the set dimness. If I turn the dimmer to its lowest setting and turn it off, try to turn on the cans by the standard 3 way switch, the cans do not turn on. If I raise the dimmer selector a little, then the cans turn on. We have used these dimmers with these cans multiple times over the past year and never had this issue before. I am going to the customers home tomorrow and wondered if anyone had any ideas why this is happening and what to do about it? Or if you have experienced this yourself before.Thank you for any ideas, I have been an electrician for 36 years, this is a new thing to me...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ScottMdr2020 View Post
    Hello, I have installed the DVCL-153P in a 3 way application for a customer. When the LED cans are turned on at the dimmer (setting of dimmer in any setting from lowest to middle to brightest) the lights come on to the set dimness. If I turn the dimmer to its lowest setting and turn it off, try to turn on the cans by the standard 3 way switch, the cans do not turn on. If I raise the dimmer selector a little, then the cans turn on. We have used these dimmers with these cans multiple times over the past year and never had this issue before. I am going to the customers home tomorrow and wondered if anyone had any ideas why this is happening and what to do about it? Or if you have experienced this yourself before.Thank you for any ideas, I have been an electrician for 36 years, this is a new thing to me...lol
    There is a low-end trim dial on the face of the dimmer, covered by the plate. I would also check to make sure the red and red/white are connected to the travelers.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com