Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tap the button on your Connect Bridge.

Tap the button on your Connect Bridge.

Got the connect bridge - finally. After opening the new Connect app, it asks to create account or login. If I try to create an account, it objects - email is already taken. So I try to login with my email and password for the existing Caseta bridge account. Got to the point of "tap the button on your Connect Bridge", after which I see message:

* "Registering your Bridge"

and

* "Session timed out. Please try again."

Tried a dozen of times to no success. What's next?

Is there anyone here who knows how to fix the error?

Did you Tap the button or Push the button. There is a big difference ;)

4. Likes digit1 liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    This error can also be caused by a network/security settings blocking communication to the Bridge. You can direct connect your computer directly to the Bridge in order to set a static IP address and activate it into the system.

6. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
    This error can also be caused by a network/security settings blocking communication to the Bridge. You can direct connect your computer directly to the Bridge in order to set a static IP address and activate it into the system.
    I have had issues with 1 of the 3 bridges I setup. All nearly identical networks (same router and switches), same laptop. The fix for me seemed to just be saving the lux file closing the software and starting over again. It was the only steps I took and the issue resolved.

8. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
    Mike,

Again, the problem is not with the Essentials/Inclusive Software. Discovery and transfer in the desktop software works just fine. The problem is with the Connect app failing at the "Registering Connect Bridge" step. Please see the top post for the details. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by mcignarella View Post
    Did you Tap the button or Push the button. There is a big difference ;)
    Lol, that was funny. By the way, the button needs to be pressed/tapped/pushed just once in a 5 minute period - it switches "discovery" mode on on the connect bridge. There is no harm in pressing it more often though - and no, neither tapping nor pushing helps ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by veeeh View Post
    Mike,

Again, the problem is not with the Essentials/Inclusive Software. Discovery and transfer in the desktop software works just fine. The problem is with the Connect app failing at the "Registering Connect Bridge" step. Please see the top post for the details. Any ideas?
    I think what Mike S is saying is connect your laptop directly to the bridge to set its IP address. You have to adjust the tcp/ip settings on your laptop to do this. It's a whole thing. There has to be a support document for the steps for the Main Repater. The steps would be pretty much the same with the bridge. Just using a slightly different IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeetal View Post
    I think what Mike S is saying is connect your laptop directly to the bridge to set its IP address. You have to adjust the tcp/ip settings on your laptop to do this. It's a whole thing. There has to be a support document for the steps for the Main Repater. The steps would be pretty much the same with the bridge. Just using a slightly different IP.
    That's already done and this is already works. Again, issue is with the Connect app. Anyone? Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by veeeh View Post
    That's already done and this is already works. Again, issue is with the Connect app. Anyone? Mike?
    Does the home+ app work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast