Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can dimmer remember favorite setting?

Can dimmer remember favorite setting?

I just started my system today and installed my bridge and first dimmer. It was in a 3-way situation so I hardwired the dimmer and then added 2 picos. I programmed my favorite brightness level on the picos, but the dimmer still goes to full brightness when I turn hit the on button. Is there any way for the dimmer to remember a favorite setting (like the picos) ?

Unfortunately, no, Caseta's dimmer does not have this feature. I think your options at this point are: always use PICOs instead of a dimmer (e.g. mount dimmer in a closet); upgrade to Radio RA2; or downgrade to regular Maestro dimmers.

Quote Originally Posted by veeeh View Post
    Unfortunately, no, Caseta's dimmer does not have this feature. I think your options at this point are: always use PICOs instead of a dimmer (e.g. mount dimmer in a closet); upgrade to Radio RA2; or downgrade to regular Maestro dimmers.
    Thanks veer. That's incredibly annoying. That's a very basic feature for a dimmer to have. I hate it when a company "cripples" one of their products for no other reason than to try to upsell you to a more expensive system.

Lutron Technical Support
    Thank you for your feedback on this. I'll pass it along to our development engineers.

5. Likes tangle free liked this post
    Thanks Brian. On most of the electronic dimmers I've had there's a toggle to set the brightness level so that when you turn the light on it goes to that (favorite) level. If you double tap the on button it goes to full brightness. It would be great if they added this feature on all dimmers and picos.

7. Likes tangle free liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by AJF4ME View Post
    I just started my system today and installed my bridge and first dimmer. It was in a 3-way situation so I hardwired the dimmer and then added 2 picos. I programmed my favorite brightness level on the picos, but the dimmer still goes to full brightness when I turn hit the on button. Is there any way for the dimmer to remember a favorite setting (like the picos) ?
    I think you can set the high end trim of the dimmer so it only goes up as high as say 80%. But that's permanent level for on until you reset the trim.

Ah right thanks.

Hi Brian,

Any update on development track for this item?

We've just installed 20 Caseta switches into our house. It is a tad frustrating to learn a "last dim setting" or favorite setting can't be done without a Pico. In hindsight, I would have likely wired our house differently had I known the master switch couldn't retain the setting.

Thank you.

Master Caseta Switch to retain last/favorite setting

Hi Brian,

We've just installed 20 Caseta switches into our house. It is a tad frustrating to learn a "last dim setting" or favorite setting can't be done without a Pico. In hindsight, I would have likely wired our house differently had I known the master switch couldn't retain the setting.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tangle free View Post
    Hi Brian,

Thank you.
    It looks like the new ELV switches have that option... PD-5NE

I know you don't want that answer after putting 20 of the other switches in...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast