Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: HWQS and DMX color table changes

Cool HWQS and DMX color table changes

Using a QSE-CI-DMX interface to do 3ch DMX lighting, but changes to the color table seem to make no difference. Maybe I am editing in the wrong place, but I have added versions of white, in the spaces between white and the next color, but manually changing the RGB values in an effort to get a couple of different temperatures of white.
    I have saved and uploaded, I have re-loaded dmx firmware, but neither seems to update the table changes.
    Does anyone have any suggestions???
    Didn't want to wait on hold with tech support for an answer to this.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike R. View Post
    Using a QSE-CI-DMX interface to do 3ch DMX lighting, but changes to the color table seem to make no difference. Maybe I am editing in the wrong place, but I have added versions of white, in the spaces between white and the next color, but manually changing the RGB values in an effort to get a couple of different temperatures of white.
    I have saved and uploaded, I have re-loaded dmx firmware, but neither seems to update the table changes.
    Does anyone have any suggestions???
    Didn't want to wait on hold with tech support for an answer to this.
    Dear Mike R.,

Thank you for the inquiry.

After changing the color table, are you using the new colors on the programming screen? You are changing the color table on the Design>Equipment screen?

DMX Color Table

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    Dear Mike R.,

Thank you for the inquiry.

After changing the color table, are you using the new colors on the programming screen? You are changing the color table on the Design>Equipment screen?
    Kevin,
    I added some settings to the project color table with names applied. Example Warm White: 255 255 200 (rgb), then added commands to go to those levels, via a button press. I was more curious how the table got sent. Is it during project transfer? Does it go to the processor or to the DMX interface? I do not have to upgrade DMX firmware to get the table to transfer, correct?
    Maybe the settings I am adding simply don't have enough color correction to make a difference, but more wanted to know how this all works.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike R. View Post
    Kevin,
    I added some settings to the project color table with names applied. Example Warm White: 255 255 200 (rgb), then added commands to go to those levels, via a button press. I was more curious how the table got sent. Is it during project transfer? Does it go to the processor or to the DMX interface? I do not have to upgrade DMX firmware to get the table to transfer, correct?
    Maybe the settings I am adding simply don't have enough color correction to make a difference, but more wanted to know how this all works.
    Dear Mike R.,

The preset information is transferred to the DMX controller. When a button press calls a color from the table that preset is recognized by the DMX controller. The DMX controller will change the RGB output to match the selection from the color table.