Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help with led 3 way switch

Help with led 3 way switch

Hi im looking for a Caseta switch for a switch that is a 3 way connected to 6 fixtures of NICOR LED ACW-20
    I have tried the switch that came with my kit (PD-6WCL) and a pico (PJ-3BRL) in 2nd location but it doesn't seem to be working at all, the LED's on switch light up and move but I only got the lights to blink once. I wired the switch as per instructions.
    is this the proper switch? I have read people changing the wiring to the switch but want to make sure first.
    also if it helps I don't care if they dim or not just looking for caseta control for on/off.
    thanks

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    I looked at the spec sheet for you fixture and found some useful info. Depending on the exact model number of your fixture, they are either 39W or 49W a piece. With 6 fixtures, that means you are at either 234W or 294W total. The PD-6WCL is only rated for 150W of LED lighting.

Secondly, that fixture is only dimmable through 0-10V dimming. To dim the fixture you would need to use a 0-10V interface (GRX-TVI) along with a Caseta Pro dimmer (PD-10NXD). If you are only concerned about switching, you could use either the PD-6ANS or PD-5WS-DV.

Thanks Zach R. Appreciate it this is exactly the info I needed, when I get my pd-6ans I will update but for now I used the other switch elsewhere and it works fine.

So I got the PD6ANS and it says it requires a neutral wire which I don't have...is there any solution for me?
    Could I wire this without a neutral?

Quote Originally Posted by tlrlc View Post
    So I got the PD6ANS and it says it requires a neutral wire which I don't have...is there any solution for me?
    Could I wire this without a neutral?
    The PD-6ANS does require a neutral to function. You would have to use the PD-5WS-DV.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach R. View Post
    The PD-6ANS does require a neutral to function. You would have to use the PD-5WS-DV.
    Also, if you are going to use the PD-5WS-DV switch, make sure you install the included LUT-MLC (Minimum Load Capacitor) across the load. This helps the switch work better with low watt LED loads.

the PD-5WS-DV is hopefully coming today, when i install i should use the MLC with the LEDS regardless of wattage?
    one switch is 234 w of LED and other is 156 w ? thanks

also can i install with a 3 way installation of pico model PJ2-3BRL or does it have to be PJ2-2B? thanks for all the help Brian W. and Zach R.

Quote Originally Posted by tlrlc View Post
    also can i install with a 3 way installation of pico model PJ2-3BRL or does it have to be PJ2-2B? thanks for all the help Brian W. and Zach R.
    Feel free to try the install without the LUT-MLC first. If the lights don't shut off all the way or flicker, install the LUT-MLC. We have not tested the PJ2-3BRL with the switches, but it would most likely work just fine...the raise/lower buttons obviously will not change the intensity of the lights because it is controlling a switch.