Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Importing from Savant LiteTouch

Importing from Savant LiteTouch

New user here. I have a project which was set up in LiteTouch. I exported a couple of the files (fixtures, load zones) out as CSV files, then tried to import them into Lutron Designer. It gives me the error: An error occurred while importing fixtures. No fixtures were imported. Is there documentation somewhere about formats of import files? I've checked under help and I don't see a very exhaustive help index...

thanks, Dave

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by daveblair View Post
    New user here. I have a project which was set up in LiteTouch. I exported a couple of the files (fixtures, load zones) out as CSV files, then tried to import them into Lutron Designer. It gives me the error: An error occurred while importing fixtures. No fixtures were imported. Is there documentation somewhere about formats of import files? I've checked under help and I don't see a very exhaustive help index...

thanks, Dave
    daveblair,

Welcome to the forums!

We would recommend opening a blank project file, adding one fixture, and exporting the fixture list. This will give you the format of how the CSV file should be organized. You can then copy and paste them into the exported CSV file or modify your CSV file to match.

Thanks, thats precisely what I ended up doing. One thing I discovered is the limitation of 15 characters for the names and 100 characters for the description fields. The first file I matched columns with and imported only brought in about a quarter of the file before erroring out. Had to edit name and description lengths to proceed.