Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C*L Dimmers?

C*L Dimmers?

I see on the main RadioRa2 webpage that new C*L dimmers are "coming soon"... Do we have any more information about how soon that might be, and how these dimmers work vs the 6NA with LEDs?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Barring any unforeseen circumstances the RadioAR2 C*L dimmer will be released by the end of the year. This dimmer can be used in locations where CFL/LED bulbs are being installed and there is not a neutral wire in the location where the dimmer is going to be installed.

3. Thanks rapamatic thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    Barring any unforeseen circumstances the RadioAR2 C*L dimmer will be released by the end of the year. This dimmer can be used in locations where CFL/LED bulbs are being installed and there is not a neutral wire in the location where the dimmer is going to be installed.
    Thanks for the info. Will the C*L be any better/different than the 6NA in situations where there is a neutral? I'm trying to figure out whether the new C*L will become the new standard "future proof" dimmer... seems that way...

Yes, I am waiting for this control too. The RRD 6 C/L should take some guess work out of older homes where the netural wire is sometimes there and sometimes not. The 10ND with neutral is pretty good with a lot of LED's out there. If I am not sacrificing anything by using the 6 C/L, then makes sense to use it. The 10 watt min is appealing to homeowners who want an upgrade path to LED. This control is greatly anticpated.

6. Likes Ty W. liked this post
    I agree with CableDude. On the other hand, the 6NA is recommended in situations where there is a neutral as the device can accommodate both forward and reverse-phase load types (making it future-proof) and has a lower minimum load requirement. The 6NA's minimum load is 5 watts compared to the C.L's minimum load of 10 watts.

The question is what's the price difference? If the C/L is the same price as a 6D thats huge.

The C/L dimmer will be the same price as the RRD-6D dimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig W. View Post
    The C/L dimmer will be the same price as the RRD-6D dimmer.
    That's great news. Sounds like this will be a great product.

Any idea when there will be a C/L Hybrid dimmer? ;)

Quote Originally Posted by rapamatic View Post
    That's great news. Sounds like this will be a great product.

Any idea when there will be a C/L Hybrid dimmer? ;)
    Currently only the RRD-6CL is the only C/L dimmer coming to RadioRA 2. Thank you for the suggestion and it will be passed along for future consideration.

I ordered 15 C/L's for a project and was told Lutron will be shipping Dec 20. Will provide feedback after system gets activated.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast