Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pairing Pico to Plug In Dimmer

Pairing Pico to Plug In Dimmer

I have ordered a number of plug in lamp dimmer/pico remote kits to replace my current x10 sytem. In many cases, my X10 receivers are not plugged direclty into the walls but are plugged into power strips, which are then plugged into the walls. In addition, the wall outlets are often in places that aren't easily accessible.

I have two questions:

1. Can the Caseta plug in lamp dimmers be plugged into power strips, which are then plugged into the wall outlets?
    2. Does the actual lamp that is being used have to be the one that is plugged in when pairing the dimmer and the remote, or can I use any lamp to do the pairing first? (It makes it a lot easier to do the pairing process if it can be done without trying to reach places, such as under the bed, where the outlets are located. If the answer to #1 is yes, then the anser to #2 is much less important.)

Quote Originally Posted by kblaw View Post
    1. Can the Caseta plug in lamp dimmers be plugged into power strips, which are then plugged into the wall outlets?
    Sure, power strip or extension cord is fine. Caseta plig in dimmers have two prong plugs.

Quote Originally Posted by kblaw View Post
    2. Does the actual lamp that is being used have to be the one that is plugged in when pairing the dimmer and the remote
    You don't need any lamp at all for the pairing process, as long as Caseta dimmer itself is plugged in.

Perfect. Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by veeeh View Post
    Sure, power strip or extension cord is fine. Caseta plig in dimmers have two prong plugs.

You don't need any lamp at all for the pairing process, as long as Caseta dimmer itself is plugged in.