Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New RRD-6ND?

Hello,
    I was told by my rep to use the RRD-6ND vs the 6NA. Problem is that when I use the programming tool is does not give me that as an option it automatically changes to the 10ND or the 6NA. I explained to him that I would be controlling sometimes (qty 1) 9w LED in one room and in other rooms it will be (qty 4) 9w LED. So I am confused as to what I should be using now.

Quote Originally Posted by jodi jones View Post
    Hello,
    I was told by my rep to use the RRD-6ND vs the 6NA. Problem is that when I use the programming tool is does not give me that as an option it automatically changes to the 10ND or the 6NA. I explained to him that I would be controlling sometimes (qty 1) 9w LED in one room and in other rooms it will be (qty 4) 9w LED. So I am confused as to what I should be using now.
    The 6ND will probably be the most popular dimmer shortly, but you need 12.0 to use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,
    The 6ND will probably be the most popular dimmer shortly, but you need 12.0 to use it.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Quote Originally Posted by SDR-Mike View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Are you reffering to 12w LEDs? Wasnt quite sure what 12.0 meant. Thanks for responding! I appreciate it!

4. Likes SDR-Mike liked this post
    Are you reffering to 12w LEDs? Wasnt quite sure what 12.0 meant. Thanks for responding! I appreciate it!
    Never mind I finally was able to get the 12.0 software and now everything is making sense!

Thank you

No, that is the newest software version, so it is the first to have the 6ND available as a dimmer option.

Very interesting thread. I've found that the ones with the neutral dim down LED lights far lower than the CL when you do the trim adjustment. CLs are also having some issues with magnetic loads with LED lights which ironically the old 6Ds handle just fine. This LED stuff is both a blessing and a giant curse in the butt.

CL dimmers were designed for over-the-counter, screw-in incandescent, CFL, and LEDs. Most of which are forward phase. Incandescent dimmers are generally good for dimming MLV loads. The are some considerations - minimum load, the transformer, the load (LED on MLV transformer), etc. Lutron did say they were seeing some failures with the 6CL controlling "certain" MLV loads. The 6ND may be their resolution for that issue.

Lutron hasn't said much about the 6ND. I'd like to know which one they recommend for the OTC bulbs and what is the intended use of the 6ND?
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

I thought none of the CL family of dimmers were rated for MLV, due to problems with the in-rush current.
    Last edited by Bill13; 12-04-2017 at 10:38 AM. Reason: spelling

They still show the 6CL rated for 450w of MLV. There was a tech bulletin that said use the 10D until they figured it out.

BTW, if you have a MLV load you can purchase the 10D for the 6CL price. That is $50 off list price.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

A little bit of time has gone by here. What has people's experience been for the 6ND? I've got a big job coming up and thing the 6ND should be the go to, but I'm curious before getting the first batch.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast