Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Second Building

Second Building

I'm a homeowner/end user putting my own system together. I went through the training to get Essentials. I have a shop that's about 300FT from my house that I want to add to my system. I know I can't add a AUX repeater without using a dealer's programming services and I have no problem doing that. My question is if I have someone else "add" the AUX repeater, can I go back and use Essentials later to edit my config? I'm not totally in love with my keypads and scene settings yet and want another few months to decide on my final setup. In the mean time, I'd love to be able to control the lights on my shop to avoid the inevitable "boogie man" that creeps in the dark on a cold winter night.

You need to make sure that whoever does the work doesn't open and save your project using Inclusive. Once it is saved in Inclusive, it can't be opened in Essentials any more.

Quote Originally Posted by gt3mike View Post
    You need to make sure that whoever does the work doesn't open and save your project using Inclusive. Once it is saved in Inclusive, it can't be opened in Essentials any more.
    Ok, great. Can they add the AUX repeater in Essentials if they're a dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by rnorty View Post
    Ok, great. Can they add the AUX repeater in Essentials if they're a dealer?
    You can add up to 4 Auxiliaries. You can not add a 2nd Main.

You can add up to 4 aux/wireless repeaters within Essentials. If you can't see the aux repeaters, make sure you have the programming software and not the designer software. The designer software is intended for use by salesreps so it does not include some items.

Because of the distance, I would use a minimum 18 gauge wire. If you are going to bury it, use burial grade wire (it will be expensive). I would also look at some surge protection. It doesn't take much to overwhelm low voltage circuits.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    You can add up to 4 aux/wireless repeaters within Essentials. If you can't see the aux repeaters, make sure you have the programming software and not the designer software. The designer software is intended for use by salesreps so it does not include some items.Because of the distance, I would use a minimum 18 gauge wire. If you are going to bury it, use burial grade wire (it will be expensive). I would also look at some surge protection. It doesn't take much to overwhelm low voltage circuits.
    Ok great! It's going to be run in existing conduit, but there's definitely some water penetrating that conduit. I found a 18/4 wire (https://proavwarehouse.com/infrastru...xoCq7cQAvD_BwE). Do you have any other suggestions?