Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lutron Caseta motion sensor lights

Unfortunately, the daylight sensor only works in commercial systems. All the sensors were made prior to Caseta. As Caseta is aimed at a DIY(+) level client, sensors were not added into the bridge's abilities.

www.casetawireless.com might help for parts/pieces/capabilities
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

2. Thanks Squill thanked for this post
    Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Squill View Post
    Okay thank you. I would think there would be Occupancy/Vacancy Sensor that would work with the Smart Pro Bridge. What is the purpose of having a product that can't work the bridge. I am assuming the Radio Powr Savr Wireless daylight Sensor doesn't work with the bridge either?

Is there a page that tells me what Lutron products work with the Lutron Smart Pro Bridge?
    Squill, there is a chart, on page 2, about what the differences are between the Bridge & the Bridge Pro, and what works with each: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...e_Pro_Spec.pdf.

4. Thanks Squill thanked for this post
    Brian, do you know if there has been any progress on this? We may be DYI, but there certainly is a lot of interest in occupancy / vacancy sensor integration. Thanks.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by rob@kirkpatrick.net View Post
    Brian, do you know if there has been any progress on this? We may be DYI, but there certainly is a lot of interest in occupancy / vacancy sensor integration. Thanks.
    No updates to support the use of LRF2 sensors in a Caseta system...however, we did just announce that we will be integrating with SmartThings in the near future, and that opens up the possibility for relatively simply sensor integration.

Thanks, Zach. I had been thinking about SmartThings anyway. Do I need to wait for some new configurations, or will the announced integration work for the installed base? Thanks.

8. Likes Zach R. liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    I believe app and firmware updates will be required on both sides. "Early this year" is the current ETA, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this 2nd quarter (rather than 1st).

Thanks. So firmware updates, if required to existing product, will be no problem? Therefore one could start implementing a basic SmartThings setup with confidence that the integration will be possible when the updates are available? Correct? Thanks.

Lutron Technical Support
    The Caseta bridge checks in with our firmware server nightly and updates itself automatically if it sees that it there is a newer firmware version available. Once Smart Things integration is available, and we announce it to the public, your bridge will already be running the firmware version necessary for this integration.

any update on the ability to use caseta with a motion detector? seems like a very easy thing to do and don't understand why it wouldn't be available - it is with other wireless lighting systems.

I am awaiting the arrival of my Elgato Eve motion detector (that is HomeKit enabled). My plan is to use HomeKit to setup the logic between the motion sensor and my Caseta light switches. I'll report back once I try this...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast