Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Different dimming profiles for Occupancy Sensors?

Different dimming profiles for Occupancy Sensors?

Anybody have any idea if radio powr savr or maestro sensors support different dimming profiles or presets that will kick in depending on the time of the day? I would like to create an "evening" mode so that my bathroom lights will come on at normal levels from 7pm to 12am and a "night" mode at lower dimming levels from 12am to 7am for my bathroom trips in the middle of the night.

I'm currently remodeling my home and can't decide whether to go for RA2 select or Caseta. I know that Caseta smart bridge doesn't work with radio powr savr so I'll have to use it in standalone mode if I'm going for Caseta. But if RA2 select is able to achieve this via the Lutron app then I'll probably go for RA2 select instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Aixilmf View Post
    Anybody have any idea if radio powr savr or maestro sensors support different dimming profiles or presets that will kick in depending on the time of the day? I would like to create an "evening" mode so that my bathroom lights will come on at normal levels from 7pm to 12am and a "night" mode at lower dimming levels from 12am to 7am for my bathroom trips in the middle of the night.

I'm currently remodeling my home and can't decide whether to go for RA2 select or Caseta. I know that Caseta smart bridge doesn't work with radio powr savr so I'll have to use it in standalone mode if I'm going for Caseta. But if RA2 select is able to achieve this via the Lutron app then I'll probably go for RA2 select instead.
    Ra2 Select does not support motion sensors.

3. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by freeoscar View Post
    Ra2 Select does not support motion sensors.
    freeoscar is correct- RA2 Select does not support the sensors. For the functionality you want, you'll need the full RadioRA2. You can have the sensors change functions from occupancy to vacancy to disabled. It will not, however, support multiple dimmed levels. You set the timeclock to convert from vacancy to occupancy. Then set the occupied state of the sensor to you night-time dimmed level. Have a keypad button or the dimmer itself set to the daytime level (a vacancy function).
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols