Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Upgrade 7.8 to 8.0 Probs

Upgrade 7.8 to 8.0 Probs

Two problems after upgrading. 8.0 incorrectly upgraded my 7.8 file.
    On a 6 Key Keypad switch on the main switch it added an additional light to control.

The other problem was that the system failed to transfer one of my rooms. It was not out of range and has always worked every time I have upgraded (7.0 - 7.8)
    The solution was to manually deactivate each of the 3 switches (2 regular switches and 1 6 key switch) and then reactivate. This fixed the issue.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Can you please send us the 7.8 project file that you experienced this conversion issue with to systemsupport@Lutron.com. Please let us know which button had the extract load assigned and which load it was. We would like to see if we can reproduce this issue.

The file was just emailed.

Quote Originally Posted by davahad View Post
    Two problems after upgrading. 8.0 incorrectly upgraded my 7.8 file.
    On a 6 Key Keypad switch on the main switch it added an additional light to control.

The other problem was that the system failed to transfer one of my rooms. It was not out of range and has always worked every time I have upgraded (7.0 - 7.8)
    The solution was to manually deactivate each of the 3 switches (2 regular switches and 1 6 key switch) and then reactivate. This fixed the issue.
    Interesting, I've been having this issue with one of my shades as well. There are several next to each other, and one of them always consistently fails to activate. Never had range issues before 7.8. Nothing in the setup has changed.

I had/have the same issue with my VCRX. I ended up removing it from the system and registering again, however, after another transfer the system states that the VCRX can't be found. I ended up moving my repeater to within 10' of the VCRX with no change in status. Previously (the past 2 years), I've had no issues until moving to 8.0.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The RadioRA2 software will not affect the range of the repeaters or devices. To troubleshoot these issues we would first recommend verifying the distances from repeater to repeater and repeater to device. If everything is within the proper ranges then we would recommend contacting our technical support at 1-800-523-9466 while you are on site to help troubleshoot these issues.

For the converted project file issue we looked at the previous project file that was sent in and it contained the additional load on the keypad button prior to the file being converted.