Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Differences between Smart Bridge and Smart Bridge Pro

Differences between Smart Bridge and Smart Bridge Pro

Hi All,
    I am looking for a definitive list of differences between the Smart Bridge and Smart Bridge Pro. I am about to start wiring a new apartment and want to make sure I get the right bridge.

Thanks for the help.

me262- No performance differences or device total changes between the two SMB. The Pro allows for third party integration (RTI, URC, Alarm.com, Crestron, Elan, etc.) and also allows a greater shade selection with the addition of the non-tilting Sivoia QS Wireless shades.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Edit: just found my answer in another thread about the Pro switches and compatibility. Only integration I need is with Logitech, so thinking the regular Smart Bridge is all I need.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by jgib01 View Post
    Edit: just found my answer in another thread about the Pro switches and compatibility. Only integration I need is with Logitech, so thinking the regular Smart Bridge is all I need.
    You are correct. Per http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/Alliances.aspx you only need the standard L-BDG2-WH bridge for interfacing with Logitech.

Another big advantage is that the Pro Dimmer's will work in a three way configuration with a mechanical switch on the other end of the circuit. The standard Caseta dimmer requires a Pico on the other end.

I'm having my kitchen renovated and wanted to confirm if the Lutron Pro Switch without the dimmer would work in my house to turn on the outside lights on my garage with a 3-way mechanical switch in my garage. I called Lutron and they said that the Pico wireless only has a 30 foot range so it wouldn't work with since my garage is 50 feet from my house. They also weren't sure if the Pro switch without the Pico would work with a regular a 3-way switch. My electrician has many Pro switches and a Pro bridge setup at his house so he got a non-dimmable Lutron Pro switch and tested it at his home. I'm happy to confirm that the Pro switch worked with a standard mechanical 3-way switch!