Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: QS 8.5.0 Drop down menu disappearing

QS 8.5.0 Drop down menu disappearing

Sent this to technical, thought I would put it out there incase anyone can help!

Hi,

Please can you help me with an issue on the Lutron QS software (v8.5.0 currently) where each time I move the mouse cursor to any of the tabs at the top which have a drop down menu, as soon as I move the cursor down to select something the drop down menu disappears!

For example I’m in the programming, devices view at the moment and I want to adjust a shared scene, so I move mouse to the programming tab, the menu drops down then soon as I move the mouse down to try to select shared scenes, its gone!

This is driving me mad and making it almost impossible for me to use the software… I believe it must be something I’m doing wrong as I cannot find anything on the Lutron website forums that address this issue or anyone experiencing it!

I have had this on a few different laptops but the one I’m using currently is a Lenovo L450 running windows 7 64 bit

I have uninstalled the software a few times now and re installed it, still doing the same thing.

Help will be much appreciated!

Thanks

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurence View Post
    Sent this to technical, thought I would put it out there incase anyone can help!

Hi,

Please can you help me with an issue on the Lutron QS software (v8.5.0 currently) where each time I move the mouse cursor to any of the tabs at the top which have a drop down menu, as soon as I move the cursor down to select something the drop down menu disappears!

For example I’m in the programming, devices view at the moment and I want to adjust a shared scene, so I move mouse to the programming tab, the menu drops down then soon as I move the mouse down to try to select shared scenes, its gone!

This is driving me mad and making it almost impossible for me to use the software… I believe it must be something I’m doing wrong as I cannot find anything on the Lutron website forums that address this issue or anyone experiencing it!

I have had this on a few different laptops but the one I’m using currently is a Lenovo L450 running windows 7 64 bit

I have uninstalled the software a few times now and re installed it, still doing the same thing.

Help will be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Dear Laurence,

Thank you for the information.

Please try the following and let us know if this helps.

Step 1:

Go to Run and type “services.msc”
    Look for a service name “Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0? and stop it

Step 2:

Delete the file “FontCache3.0.0.0.dat”.This file is normally placed under the following file path.
    Windows 7 / Vista - “%windir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\L ocal”
    Windows XP – “%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data”

Step 3:

Restart the machine.

If the problem continues you can disable the “Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0? service permanently. This will not have any impact to the application behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    Dear Laurence,

Thank you for the information.

Please try the following and let us know if this helps.

Step 1:

Go to Run and type “services.msc”
    Look for a service name “Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0? and stop it

Step 2:

Delete the file “FontCache3.0.0.0.dat”.This file is normally placed under the following file path.
    Windows 7 / Vista - “%windir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\L ocal”
    Windows XP – “%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data”

Step 3:

Restart the machine.

If the problem continues you can disable the “Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0? service permanently. This will not have any impact to the application behaviour.

Thanks,

However after removing the .dat file and restarting no change...stopped the “Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0" service as well.

What I have found is that if I move the mouse really fast down to a menu item it seems to hold it, not every time but sometimes... not easy to do mind!

Thanks,

However after removing the .dat file and restarting no change...stopped the “Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0" service as well.

What I have found is that if I move the mouse really fast down to a menu item it seems to hold it, not every time but sometimes... not easy to do mind!

Scrub that it's worked!

What I found is that if you go into the properties of the “Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0" service in the services.msc then change the startup to disabled, then reboot.

If you just right click it and select "Stop", then reboot it doesn't stop it from starting again on bootup.

good to get a fix for this, thanks again for your help.

Laurence

Unhappy

Scrub that it's worked!

What I found is that if you go into the properties of the “Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0" service in the services.msc then change the startup to disabled, then reboot.

If you just right click it and select "Stop", then reboot it doesn't stop it from starting again on bootup.

good to get a fix for this, thanks again for your help.

Laurence

Spoke too soon...

Seems this has not fixed it, tried to use HWQS again today and the same thing is happening again, “Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0" is disabled and the .dat file has been deleted.

Spoke too soon...

Seems this has not fixed it, tried to use HWQS again today and the same thing is happening again, “Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0" is disabled and the .dat file has been deleted.

I give up!

It started working fine again after I looked through the main menu's at the top which I thought may have been the cure, so I tried to replicate the issue again (closed HWQS & re opened an older file) thinking it would come back and it hasn't YET... rebooted 3 times now and its still working ok - will keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

This has started happening again the next day!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7v...ew?usp=sharing