Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: API or SDK available?

API or SDK available?

I would like to integrate my Caseta devices into a custom application and would like to know how I go about doing this. Would be similar to how the Lutron app currently communicates to the Smart Bridge (get list of devices, add devices, control devices, etc...)

Thanks for any assistance!

2. Thanks dannielmach thanked for this post
    Likes dannielmach liked this post
    There isn't an 'official' published API, but it does exist and can be used. Honestly I don't know why they don't publish this an encourage people to integrate with it. Seems like a huge? missed opportunity.

4. Likes wkearney99 liked this post
    I agree completely. I'm currently working on a way around the craziness that the Lutron app has around all the open ports needed to make it work (it needs to be much easier like Dropcam, Nest or Rachio).

BTW - thanks for the response. Could you point me in the right direction for finding this API and any info on how to connect to the Smart Bridge?

I don't know if they have an API. They have an integration manual that most of their products use. I didn't see Caseta listed , but I would assume it would use a similar logic as Radio Ra2. Once you get the devices set-up you can get the integration report from the Lutron app which will list the device id's etc. This may be a system by system solution and may not be universal for an app you were working on.
    Maybe you have already looked at this... It would be through telnet.
    http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/040249.pdf

Yes, that's the document that you want to reference. First you have to enable Telnet access from the app. I've only played around with it a bit, but I'm not sure that Caseta supports everything in this document.

I believe this only works on the Smart Bridge Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by asherrick View Post
    I believe this only works on the Smart Bridge Pro.
    Yes. That's correct. The "Pro" version of the smart bridge is the only one that supports third party integration.

do we have any option at all if we don't have the Pro version? i would like to integrate with Android Tasker or use Android intents.

11. Thanks wkearney99 thanked for this post
    Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckee View Post
    do we have any option at all if we don't have the Pro version? i would like to integrate with Android Tasker or use Android intents.
    You would need to have the Pro bridge (model # L-BDGPRO2-WH) for setting a static IP address, telnet support, and third party integration.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    You would need to have the Pro bridge (model # L-BDGPRO2-WH) for setting a static IP address, telnet support, and third party integration.
    Does the Pro bridge connect with non-pro switches, or is it necessary to buy all "pro" switches as well? I purchased standard switches and bridge not knowing that there was a difference, and I want to know if I can replace only the bridge and still be able to use all of the switches that I've installed already.

14. Thanks sergiobaiao thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast