Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Anyone using Hybrid Keypads with LEDs?

Anyone using Hybrid Keypads with LEDs?

I've tried the regular dimmer RRD-6CL with LED loads and it always created buzz/hum. Moving to an phase adaptive dimmer (RRD-6NA) always solved these problems for me. My understanding is that the CL dimmer had buzzing problems mainly because it didn't have the neutral wire. So, my question is whether anyone is successfully using the CL Hybrid Keypads (like the RRD?HN6BRL) with LEDs and without any buzz/hum. My hope is that because it has the neutral wire that would eliminate the hum, even though it's a forward phase dimmer. Any thoughts and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by alexir View Post
    I've tried the regular dimmer RRD-6CL with LED loads and it always created buzz/hum. Moving to an phase adaptive dimmer (RRD-6NA) always solved these problems for me. My understanding is that the CL dimmer had buzzing problems mainly because it didn't have the neutral wire. So, my question is whether anyone is successfully using the CL Hybrid Keypads (like the RRD?HN6BRL) with LEDs and without any buzz/hum. My hope is that because it has the neutral wire that would eliminate the hum, even though it's a forward phase dimmer. Any thoughts and experiences would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes. I've used Hybrid Keypads with good success. Always connect the neutral. That said, having a neutral doesn't guarantee performance- that tends to have more to do with the LED fixture. Anyway hybrid keypad will dim LED loads nicely, as long as they are nice LEDs :)