Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Converting Wired QS Shades to Wireless

Converting Wired QS Shades to Wireless

Hi there, this is my first post on the forums and look forward to more.

So right now we are in the process of putting together a bid for a loft we are converting to a RA 2 system. The owner currently has a Colorado VNet System and wants to change it over to a RA 2 System. As of now I have everything figured out for the conversion except one item.

The owner currently has the Colorado VNet CA1- 70 Vibe pads on a few walls. The system currently has QS wired shades integrated to the system. They used a qsps-p1-10-60
    to power the shades and some sort of RS 232 Interface to connect to the VNet system.

My question is, is what would be the best way to convert the shades over to work with the new system? Or would this dictate whether doing a whole RA 2 conversion would work or Homeworks be better?

Hello CWilliamsECB,
    Thank you for your post. In order for the shades to talk to Ra2 you will need to add an RF dongle to each. Since they are already wired communication type then it might make more sense to go with a HWQS system.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. View Post
    Hello CWilliamsECB,
    Thank you for your post. In order for the shades to talk to Ra2 you will need to add an RF dongle to each. Since they are already wired communication type then it might make more sense to go with a HWQS system.
    Hi Blair, thank you for the reply. I was hoping that attaching a wireless dongle was an option. So going forward with that, what would it require to add the dongle and what would be the cost involved in that?

I agree that a HWQS system would make more sense, however the client is also looking for the most cost efficient solution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. View Post
    Hello CWilliamsECB,
    Hi Blair, thank you for the reply. I was hoping that attaching a wireless dongle was an option. So going forward with that, what would it require to add the dongle and what would be the cost involved in that?

I agree that a HWQS system would make more sense, however the client is also looking for the most cost efficient solution.

Lutron Technical Support
    The wireless dongle model number is QSYC-J-RCVR for US/Canada.
    You would have to contract our Customer Service Department at 1-888-588-7661 to get the price.