Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What switch to use for LED light circuit?

What switch to use for LED light circuit?

First off I goofed! I used a Maestro MACL-153M-RHW AL 150 watt dimmer switch with companion dimmer switch for 168watt LED circuit. The result is that the companion is now not working and the Master is flaky......I believe that I can replace these with 2 Diva DVCL-253 P 250 watt 3 way switches. Is this correct. I just want to make sure before purchasing.

Administrator
    Hello MikeWD,

You cannot put two DVCL dimmers in a 3-way. They will conflict with each other. To use the DVCL-253P, you would have to use a standard 3-way switch in the opposite location.

Quote Originally Posted by Jai H. View Post
    Hello MikeWD,

You cannot put two DVCL dimmers in a 3-way. They will conflict with each other. To use the DVCL-253P, you would have to use a standard 3-way switch in the opposite location.
    What kind or model of Lutron dimmer can I use to have dimming at both locations or switches? I want to be able to dim the lights (166 watts total of LED lights) at both locations? Thanks!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeWD View Post
    What kind or model of Lutron dimmer can I use to have dimming at both locations or switches? I want to be able to dim the lights (166 watts total of LED lights) at both locations? Thanks!
    The easiest solution would be to use our Caseta Pro 250W LED dimmer with a wireless Pico remote mounted in the other location. You would need the following model numbers.

PD-10NXD
    PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01
    PICO-WBX-ADAPT

Quote Originally Posted by Jai H. View Post
    The easiest solution would be to use our Caseta Pro 250W LED dimmer with a wireless Pico remote mounted in the other location. You would need the following model numbers.

PD-10NXD
    PJ2-3BRL-GWH-L01
    PICO-WBX-ADAPT
    So the Diva switches are not usable? Why was I told they would work by my electrician? Why is the only solution a wireless remote at one end? This is crazy expensive for what is a simple solution on a 150 watt LED circuit? I really don't want on need a wireless remote.......all this because it's 166 watt circuit?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeWD View Post
    So the Diva switches are not usable? Why was I told they would work by my electrician? Why is the only solution a wireless remote at one end? This is crazy expensive for what is a simple solution on a 150 watt LED circuit? I really don't want on need a wireless remote.......all this because it's 166 watt circuit?
    You are correct, you cannot put two Diva dimmers in a 3-way. Yes, the high wattage requires us to step up the dimmer to a 250W LED dimmer. If you want dimming at both ends you have to go with a digital control. The only digital dimmer with 250W capabilities is the PD-10NXD. The only way to dim both locations is to use the Pico remotes.