Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ghosting

Ghosting

I recently bought a P-BDG-PKG2W-A switch to control the light on my ceiling fan. I have this paired with the caseta fan control switch. When I turn the light off, I have ghosting in the LED bulb in the fan. The fan is a minka aire light wave fan.

I tried installing a lut-mlc inside my switch box as I cannot get into the wiring above my ceiling fan, but to no avail. Ghosting was still present and the pass button will not shut the light off now.

Does anyone know if getting a different switch such as PD-6ANS,PD-5NE or PD-10NXD would work for this?

Thanks in advance for any and all help

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedKillJoy View Post
    I recently bought a P-BDG-PKG2W-A switch to control the light on my ceiling fan. I have this paired with the caseta fan control switch. When I turn the light off, I have ghosting in the LED bulb in the fan. The fan is a minka aire light wave fan. I tried installing a lut-mlc inside my switch box as I cannot get into the wiring above my ceiling fan, but to no avail. Ghosting was still present and the pass button will not shut the light off now. Does anyone know if getting a different switch such as PD-6ANS,PD-5NE or PD-10NXD would work for this? Thanks in advance for any and all help
    The MLC is designed for use with a switch so it may not be much help with this application. That fan looks like it has a receiver for use with a Minka brand controller. If so, you would need to bypass it and control the light directly.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Yes, I did bypass that. I never installed the minka aire controller as I knew I wanted to use smart switches.

This is new wire installation and I ran 14-4 so I can control the fan and light independently. Each having their own switch. Lutrons smart fan switch and the light switch I mentioned in my original post. I wired the lut mlc between the hot (black) and neutral (white) wire in my switch box. That did nothing to alleviate the problem I'm having

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedKillJoy View Post
    Yes, I did bypass that. I never installed the minka aire controller as I knew I wanted to use smart switches. This is new wire installation and I ran 14-4 so I can control the fan and light independently. Each having their own switch. Lutrons smart fan switch and the light switch I mentioned in my original post. I wired the lut mlc between the hot (black) and neutral (white) wire in my switch box. That did nothing to alleviate the problem I'm having
    The MLC adds a minimum load to make the electronics in the switch work. It needs to go between the output of the switch and the neutral. It can be placed in the box or in the light fixture.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com