Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home Works Illumination and Home Plus APP

Home Works Illumination and Home Plus APP

The app needs to login to the Homeworks System and needs a user ID and Password

Where do I the the used ID and Password?

What is the default User ID and Password

From the Home Works Illumination Software login to the Homeworks system with tel net the user ID and Password is **** is there a way to actual see what they are?

In Home works Link 9 Ethernet I set up a telnet user but these credentials and tried to log in with the app. I received a different error could not connect to the system

The Smart phone and Homeworks are on the same local network

I have an app from another company Levition Home Automation's snaplink that I can control my Home Works System from. I use a Levition OmniPro II which is connected to the
    Home Works System via a serial interface and can send commands to The Homeworks system.

I know for remote use of Home Plus they want a VPN but when On a locl network one would think this should not be an issue

Anyone have any advice on how to get this to work on a local network or has it any chance to work
    Pete Watters
    Home Automation Associates

There is no way to see whats stored on phone for an app if it was a web page yes you could goto settings on iPhone then safari the passwords to see that info, However if you use the Illumination software and go to link 9 ethernet then to telnet log in those would be there for you to see and change

Using LUTRON Home Control+

Thats the app there are few things that need to be input correctly

1 Click add system
    2 If it doesn't discover your system then click add system manually
    3 Sytem Type Illumination
    4 System Name Your Choice
    5 ip of processor
    6 username link 9 under ethernet then telnet log
    7 Password same as above
    8 telnet and ftp ports you can get them from properties box in software they must match on app and processor

Now if my memory serves me correct but i could be wrong haven't done this in a while using Home Control+ app you may have to go into Illumination software and turn on web enable on the keypads I just don't recall

It discovered the system and the System type is HW Illumination IP address is correct

Created both a telnet login and web server login with same name and password and that is what I use as user name and password

The telnet and ftp ports are correct

When I tru and connect get message "could not connect to system"

Where do I go to "turn on web enable on the keypads"
    Pete Watters

Quote Originally Posted by petewatters View Post
    It discovered the system and the System type is HW Illumination IP address is correct

Created both a telnet login and web server login with same name and password and that is what I use as user name and password

The telnet and ftp ports are correct

When I tru and connect get message "could not connect to system"

Where do I go to "turn on web enable on the keypads"

Are you using the correct lutron app Homeworks+ Not Lutron Connect correct

Can you see the processor from a web login if you use your browser and go to the processor IP does a login page pop up

Web Enable is done from keypad programing page under the keypad you will see Web Keypad Name and Web Enable True or False

About APP on Andriod phone shows Lutron Home Control + version 9.11

Can access web login same IP address 172.16.1.200 from pc and login ok

I see a keypad in control station programming I see a web & Mobil Device name "Sitting Room" Web & Mobil Device Enabled = True

Smart Phone IP address = 172.16.221.98 Home works IP Address = 172.16.1.200

Get error "could not connect to system"
    Pete Watters

Quote Originally Posted by petewatters View Post
    About APP on Andriod phone shows Lutron Home Control + version 9.11

Can access web login same IP address 172.16.1.200 from pc and login ok

I see a keypad in control station programming I see a web & Mobil Device name "Sitting Room" Web & Mobil Device Enabled = True

Smart Phone IP address = 172.16.221.98 Home works IP Address = 172.16.1.200

Get error "could not connect to system"
    check those ip addresses. Doesn't look like they are on the same network.

Its a Class B Network 172.16 is the Network 221.98 and 1.200 are the hosts
    Pete Watters

I understand so the subnet on both devices should 255.255.0.0 I'm sure thats the case if you can see the processor web page from your phone. I know in QS I have had funky crap with subnets Can you temporarily make it class c for testing I know what your thinking it should just work but I have had issues with lutron with networking.

Changing it to a class C would create a lot of Havoc because I have a Lot of things on the Home Network Backbone that work with Homeworks

I have over 30 years experience with Networking and IP and it should work but I understand that APP's can have some things that go wrong and then assume that Class C Addresses are all that will be out there

For example I just tried to put in a Netgear C6300 Cable Router and it would not let change the mask from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0 making it unworkable in my environment and you will see a lot more Class B addresses being used in the future for a lot of reasons that are off a lot of peoples radar

Do you know of anyone who has this app working on a Home Works Illumination system just on a local network

Thanks for your help
    Pete Watters

I no the app sees the Homeworks system because If I change the password to one that is not correct it gives me an error message that the wrong password or used ID was incorrect

So I suspect that it allows the app to log in but the user does not have any permissions
    Pete Watters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast