Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can one Pico control two dimmers separately?

Can one Pico control two dimmers separately?

I know you can control two Caseta dimmers with one Pico - the lights all dim, etc, together, but how about having two dimmers controlled independently of each other? If not, then are there 3rd party remotes that will control independent dimmers?

My setup will be direct - no remote bridge.

Thanks,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobc02 View Post
    ...but how about having two dimmers controlled independently of each other?
    You can pair a Pico to a single dimmer, if that's what you mean. However, in a standalone system without a bridge, a dimmer/switch can only be paired to one Pico. With a bridge you can pair multiple Picos to a switch/dimmer.

Lutron Technical Support
    On a non-bridge system, you can have up to 10 Pico remotes control 1 dimmer. The only way to control 2 different dimmers independently from one Pico would be to use the 2-group 4-button Pico. Specifically, the PJ2-4B-GWH-L21. See page 6 of: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/369847.pdf .

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    On a non-bridge system, you can have up to 10 Pico remotes control 1 dimmer. The only way to control 2 different dimmers independently from one Pico would be to use the 2-group 4-button Pico. Specifically, the PJ2-4B-GWH-L21. See page 6 of: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...ary/369847.pdf .
    Hi Brian,

I read the doc but am not seeing how you'd program it to pair, independently, with two dimmers. Do you know the procedure?

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Brian,

I read the doc but am not seeing how you'd program it to pair, independently, with two dimmers. Do you know the procedure?

Thanks,

Bob
    I re-read page 6 and understand now. You'd probably pair each of the two groups to a specific dimmer.

I actually have four circuits to control, so a two group controller will at least get me down to two controllers - better than four controllers.

Thanks,

Bob

I re-read page 6 and understand now. You'd probably pair each of the two groups to a specific dimmer.

I actually have four circuits to control, so a two group controller will at least get me down to two controllers - better than four controllers.

Thanks,

Bob
    Hi All,

Was looking at something similar. This remote seems to allow you to control two separate groups, but doesn't seem like it allows you to adjust the dimmer from the remote, right? Looks like it is full on or full off?

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by tsuinami View Post
    Hi All,

Was looking at something similar. This remote seems to allow you to control two separate groups, but doesn't seem like it allows you to adjust the dimmer from the remote, right? Looks like it is full on or full off?
    You are correct. You would only get full on/full off from that remote. No dimming function.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    You are correct. You would only get full on/full off from that remote. No dimming function.
    Thanks for the info! Too bad, was hoping I could change the dimmer setting by holding on the button like the Insteon remote allows you to do. I just don't need to control 4 groups like that controller http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-234...e-4-scene.html

You could also use a Four Button Scene Pico to control multiple dimmers "independantly". You could set up the three programmable scenes to activate one or more zones while leaving the other zones off. This would not allow for raise/lower control but would give you scenes 1, 2, & 3 and off. Hope that helps!

I have not seen an answer to the initial question --- Can one (3 or 4 button) Pico remote control more than one switch?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast