Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Honeywell Vista TC 2.0 and rs232 connection

Honeywell Vista TC 2.0 and rs232 connection

Anybody come across issue with the having an rs232 connection to the vista panel via the 4232CBM module as well as wanting to have the TC 2.0 / IP module. I called Honeywell and all they told me was that you cannot have both, but only one or the other because the bus is only designed for one device. This is why I Elk! But customers with existing equipment like this are left in the dark on having integration and ability to arm/check status from a mobile app with TC 2.0

Yes, I came across that when planning my system. Could you get around that by using a VCRX connected to the Honeywell panel to control the lighting triggers?

Yes but you would loose ability to have phantom buttons triggered from status changes from alarm keypad. So you spud only have a arm and disarm state, no stay status etc.

There is no way to program stay, etc. to trigger a contact closure which would be connected to the VCRX and trigger a scene?

Quote Originally Posted by freeoscar View Post
    There is no way to program stay, etc. to trigger a contact closure which would be connected to the VCRX and trigger a scene?
    I dont think so as the VCRX only has (2) CCI inputs with a common C. So thats what would be available for alarm outputs, 1 and 2.