Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keypad Back Light Intensity

Keypad Back Light Intensity

Are there any know issues with certain keypads not taking a change on led brightness?

I seem to have an issue with some keypads not taking a change in led light level. From what I see there all keypads that are set in multi gang boxes. The first keypad in the box the level takes but keypad number 2 it does not take the change

Okay It seems its not a multi gang issue I removed the 2nd KP from the 2 gang in the software and it still did not take

It looks like its all my 5 Button keypads not taking the change

I think I read somewhere that some of the earlier hardware revisions of the keypad do not have this feature?

Quote Originally Posted by ekimla View Post
    I think I read somewhere that some of the earlier hardware revisions of the keypad do not have this feature?

Thanks Ill do a search but the odd part is they were all purchased at the same time. I am now wondering since the 5B keypad is not as hot of a seller as the 6BRL that those might have been sitting on the shelf.. My issue is with a lot of 5B keypads

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Is the issue that the backlight LEDs of the button will not go to a certain level, or when they are the same level as the other keypads, they do not look the same? Are these wired keypads or RF? If you connect to the processor in "Tools->Terminal" and send the command "getsyscoderevs", what is the firmware of the keypads not taking change on LED brightness? What is the firmware of keypads doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    Is the issue that the backlight LEDs of the button will not go to a certain level, or when they are the same level as the other keypads, they do not look the same? Are these wired keypads or RF? If you connect to the processor in "Tools->Terminal" and send the command "getsyscoderevs", what is the firmware of the keypads not taking change on LED brightness? What is the firmware of keypads doing so?
    There are 2KPs in a 2gang box. 1KP is 6BRL and KP2 is a 5B wired keypad. The issue is the 6BRL goes to low intensity but the 5B stays at a much higher intensity. I have this issue with several of the same situations always the 5B stays high.. Going to VPN and get Revs shortly

00F79D7A Dims correctly Rev 3.67
    00F7274B Does not Dim Rev 3.30

Please tell me there is a way to flash the keypads :(

Attached results

Please keep in mind these KP's were all purchased at the same time
    Attached Files Attached Files

Unfortunately, keypads cannot be firmware upgraded in the field. For this feature, you would need to order keypads with firmware 3.67 or above.

Quote Originally Posted by Armando B. View Post
    Unfortunately, keypads cannot be firmware upgraded in the field. For this feature, you would need to order keypads with firmware 3.67 or above.

This is going to be a very hard sell to the client considering a majorityof of keypads were purchased at the exact same time. It would or should have been the responsibility of Lutron to ship Keypads of the same firmware revision. The client is going to ask why do I have some Keypads with that feature and not others would Lutron agree with that ? Can keypads be sent back for revisions? I have about 80 keypads. I don't think it would be a very fair assumption to expect the client to repurchase keypads that are at the wrong revisions we all know the cost. Is there anyone at lutron I could speak too for some kind of exchange. Im currently unclear of how many are the wrong revision Im going to need to run a report on all 4 processors with qs links having KP's to get an exact number

mcignarella,

We understand this concern. Please email hwsupport@lutron.com referencing this forum post with the following information:

- Total number of keypads for the residence
    - Keypads that have firmware lower than 3.67
    - Date code ranges

We will use this information to see how we can best assist with the situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast