Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Which System Configuration Will Work for Me?

Which System Configuration Will Work for Me?

I have a single-bulb lamp plugged into an outlet controlled by a 3-way switch in my living room. I want to be able to dim the light in the room as well as control the light via smartphone when I'm not home for security purposes. Since the lamp plugs into an outlet controlled only by the two switches (and its the only thing plugged into the outlet) can I use the Casetta 600W In-Wall Dimmer with a pico remote (to replace the other switch) and a smart hub to complete the system? Or do I need a smart hub, two pico remotes (which I would mount), and the plug-in wall dimmer for the lamp?

This is probably a silly question but I just want to be sure I am purchasing the correct equipment for my needs and purposes.

Thanks for your time.

The in-Wall Dimmer and pico remote setup will work fine for you.

As davisadm said the wall dimmer pico and hub will work for you. You should check out this video as you will have to modify the wiring in the location with the Pico to get everything to work. https://youtu.be/rBhRWNtQki0

Quote Originally Posted by nickr06 View Post
    I have a single-bulb lamp plugged into an outlet controlled by a 3-way switch in my living room. I want to be able to dim the light in the room as well as control the light via smartphone when I'm not home for security purposes. Since the lamp plugs into an outlet controlled only by the two switches (and its the only thing plugged into the outlet) can I use the Casetta 600W In-Wall Dimmer with a pico remote (to replace the other switch) and a smart hub to complete the system? Or do I need a smart hub, two pico remotes (which I would mount), and the plug-in wall dimmer for the lamp?

This is probably a silly question but I just want to be sure I am purchasing the correct equipment for my needs and purposes.

Thanks for your time.

Dunkel9
    I'm not an electrician, but I believe that I read on another thread that it's against code to control an outlet with a dimmer. Just my 2 cents...