Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logitech Harmony Elite and RadioRa2 Connect Bridge?

Logitech Harmony Elite and RadioRa2 Connect Bridge?

Was wondering if anyone knows if this will work or if it's in the works on lutron's or Logitech side (yes I have contacted them as well)? I could only find an article on the Logitech side that it works with the Lutron Caseta Smart Bridge quite nicely (no mention of RadioRa2 or connect Bridge). Any insude appreciated.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-experience-with-lutron-caseta-lights-and-serena-shades

I can confirm it does not yet. I would love for it to work With RadioRa2 but currently Harmony can only control the Caseta smart bridge. Harmony does a great job with Caseta by the way. But currently you would have to use a much more complex remote and use either RS232 or TCP/IP to talk to the RadioRa2 system. I am not holding my breath but I think there will be support for Harmony in the next 12 Months.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeetal View Post
    I can confirm it does not yet. I would love for it to work With RadioRa2 but currently Harmony can only control the Caseta smart bridge. Harmony does a great job with Caseta by the way. But currently you would have to use a much more complex remote and use either RS232 or TCP/IP to talk to the RadioRa2 system. I am not holding my breath but I think there will be support for Harmony in the next 12 Months.
    Is there no way to get it to work with a W5BRLIR keypad? I know you would be limited to those scenes programmed on the keypad.

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    The RRD-W5BRLIR keypad would work, so would a Grafikeye QS that is apart of the system. Also, all RadioRa2 keypads have a built in IR receiver in the back, you can use a 3rd party IR receiver to plug into the back and then it could receive IR commands just like the W5BRLIR.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
    The RRD-W5BRLIR keypad would work, so would a Grafikeye QS that is apart of the system. Also, all RadioRa2 keypads have a built in IR receiver in the back, you can use a 3rd party IR receiver to plug into the back and then it could receive IR commands just like the W5BRLIR.
    Cool. Kind of... Harmony only offers the following IR commands though
    Close, Lower, Open, OpenLower, OpenPreset, OpenRaise, Preset1, Preset2, Preset2, Preset3, Raise.
    Which buttons are those mapped to? or how can we change the button mapping? Or add more presets?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    What device type are you selecting in the Harmony programming to control? Are there different options to choose or just general commands?

When I add RRD-W5BRLIR into the harmony programming software those are the IR commands Harmony has preprogramed.

Here is the ir button mapping
    Open = button 1
    Close = button 4
    Lower = lowers last button/scene
    Preset 1 = button 2
    Preset 2 = button 4
    Close = button 5
    Raise = raises last button/scene
    Other codes didn't do anything I noticed. There is not IR code for button 6 but in theory you would only have a 5 button keypad if your using and IR window button kit. I changed the harmony remote to just send the Lutron commands and if I point it at the 6 button keypad it works ok. It's not full integration but the IR commands can be renamed and lights can be controlled with line of sight with a few minutes of programming from the Harmony app. Thank you Mike S.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeetal View Post
    Here is the ir button mapping
    Open = button 1
    Close = button 4
    Lower = lowers last button/scene
    Preset 1 = button 2
    Preset 2 = button 4
    Close = button 5
    Raise = raises last button/scene
    Other codes didn't do anything I noticed. There is not IR code for button 6 but in theory you would only have a 5 button keypad if your using and IR window button kit. I changed the harmony remote to just send the Lutron commands and if I point it at the 6 button keypad it works ok. It's not full integration but the IR commands can be renamed and lights can be controlled with line of sight with a few minutes of programming from the Harmony app. Thank you Mike S.
    Thanks for doing that research Lukeetal. I haven't completed our house yet, but I was hoping that I could do something like this. Harmony is good enough for my limited home theater needs, and being able to integrate a couple of basic lighting scenes like "Movie" or "Game" or "Music" is sufficient. A more full throated system like RTI is beyond my requirements. If I need more granular control of the lutron system I can just pull out the phone and use Connect.

Hi Guys,

I am wondering if the integration between radiora2 and harmony hub elite is available now. Please update.

11. Likes dvpvic liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast