Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Using LUT-MLC

Using LUT-MLC

I have a few lights with the flashing problem when used with Caséta wireless switches, regardless of whether I use the dimmer or the switch. The switches come with the LUT-MLC that's supposed to ameliorate the problem. How do I use the LUT-MLC in those situations where I cannot access the back of the light fixtures themselves to apply it? For example, I have a switch that controls several strips of kitchen under-cabinet LED groups. Is there any way that the LUT-MLC could be used within the light switch box itself? Lutron's PDF only shows the LUT-MLC being applied directly behind light fixtures themselves - not switches.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by MasonStorm@Lutro View Post
    I have a few lights with the flashing problem when used with Caséta wireless switches, regardless of whether I use the dimmer or the switch. The switches come with the LUT-MLC that's supposed to ameliorate the problem. How do I use the LUT-MLC in those situations where I cannot access the back of the light fixtures themselves to apply it? For example, I have a switch that controls several strips of kitchen under-cabinet LED groups. Is there any way that the LUT-MLC could be used within the light switch box itself? Lutron's PDF only shows the LUT-MLC being applied directly behind light fixtures themselves - not switches.
    Normally we recommend installing it in a junction box, or a load fixture box. It all depends on you local electrical code. If code allows it, and if you have a neutral wire in the wallbox, and can fit the LUT-MLC in there, you can wire the LUT-MLC between the output of the switch, and the neutral wire in the box.

Brian W.- tech support has said in the past that the LUT-MLC was for switches only. Is this still the case? There was another thread where this came up in relation to a dimmer problem.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoRep View Post
    Brian W.- tech support has said in the past that the LUT-MLC was for switches only. Is this still the case? There was another thread where this came up in relation to a dimmer problem.
    That is still the case. The LUT-MLC is only for use with the PD-5WS-DV switch.We can't guarantee how it will work with the dimmers.

5. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post
    Thanks Brian, that worked!

MasonStorm, Which switch are you using? I have the P-PKG1W-WH-R Caseta Wireless 150-Watt Multi-Location In-Wall Dimmer and was wondering if the lut-mlc would work? My problem is that the lights are flickering when the switch is turned off (only flicker on the circuit that has four lights; on teh circuit that has 8 lights, there is no flickering). Thanks, Nish

Hi Nish,

I'm using the PD-5WS-DV switch just as Brian W. recommended above. I don't know if the MLC will work with the dimmer, and it seems that Brian doesn't recommend it.

@ndn1234, Have you tried adjusting the low end trim?

Dear all,
    i have a led system with 3 or 4 led light i was use it with PD-5WS-DV switch, i use one LUT-MLC with 3-4led light (8walt/led) but when i turn off light the flickering on one of each, so please help me how i can fix it ? i will let one more PD-5WS-DV at led flickering ?