Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Newbie question - How do wired shades work with Caseta?

Newbie question - How do wired shades work with Caseta?

I've purchased the CSPS-P1-10-6 for either Sivoia or Serena shades and have speaker cable (16 gauge, CL 2). My question is, how does the CSPS-P1-10-6 transformer know when to send power if it's outside of the range of the 30 feet of the smart bridge? My transformer is about 100 feet from the smart bridge. Is this a problem?

Also, if you purchase Serena shades, would those work with RA2? If not, is there a website for purchasing the Sivoia or do you have to go through a dealer?

Thank you.

The transformer sends power all the time. The shades have a radio receiver to get the commands from the smart bridge or keypad.

Lutron Technical Support
    Serena shades won't work with Ra2. They will only work with Caseta.
    You would have to get Triathlon shades, and they have to be ordered through authorized shades dealers.

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate it. So then why would people not just buy Triathlon shades? They hook to smart bridge pro as well as RA2, right? Are they just a lot more expensive? I'm in a situation where I might want to expand to the whole house, but at the moment only needing it in one room.

Lutron Technical Support
    I can't answer that question, as I work the technical side of the products, and not the price/sales side of the products. You'd want to contact a shades dealer for prices.
    You can locate a local dealer here: http://www.lutron.com/en-us/Pages/WT...buy.aspx?AID=1.

No problem, thanks for the help Brian. Can anyone confirm that Triathlon shades will work with the smart bridge pro as well as RA2?

Lutron Technical Support
    Yes, I can confirm that the Triathlon shades will work with the Caseta Pro bridge. It's shown on page 2 of the Caseta bridge spec sheet: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...e_Pro_Spec.pdf.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W. View Post
    Yes, I can confirm that the Triathlon shades will work with the Caseta Pro bridge. It's shown on page 2 of the Caseta bridge spec sheet: http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...e_Pro_Spec.pdf.
    Brian W., do you know if Sivoia QS drapery systems with QSYC4-RCVR dongle will work with the Caseta Pro bridge? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Aixilmf View Post
    Brian W., do you know if Sivoia QS drapery systems with QSYC4-RCVR dongle will work with the Caseta Pro bridge? Thanks!
    Aixilmf- You are fine. The Caseta Pro bridge can use that receiver on any shade that has a single drive- draperies are a single drive.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols