Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wireless Dimmer and Pico Remote turn on at different rates

Wireless Dimmer and Pico Remote turn on at different rates

I have a Caseta Wireless dimmer (P-PKG1W-WH) paired with a pico remote. From a completely off state, when I turn on the 3 recessed LED lights from the wireless dimmer, the lights come on just fine. However, from a complete off state, when I use the Pico remote to turn the lights on, they fail to come on. The Pico remote can dim them, turn them off, etc. perfectly. I have noticed that the wireless dimmer ramps up much faster when I use it compared to the Pico Remote. That is, I see the dimming levels 0-6 take just (say) .5 second to go through when activated from the dimmer switch but (say) 1.5 seconds to go through when activated with the Pico switch. Question: is there a way to make the Pico activate the ramp up at the same speed as the dimmer? This way, my Pico remote will be able to turn on my lights from a completely off state.

Quote Originally Posted by j.man1503 View Post
    I have a Caseta Wireless dimmer (P-PKG1W-WH) paired with a pico remote. From a completely off state, when I turn on the 3 recessed LED lights from the wireless dimmer, the lights come on just fine. However, from a complete off state, when I use the Pico remote to turn the lights on, they fail to come on. The Pico remote can dim them, turn them off, etc. perfectly. I have noticed that the wireless dimmer ramps up much faster when I use it compared to the Pico Remote. That is, I see the dimming levels 0-6 take just (say) .5 second to go through when activated from the dimmer switch but (say) 1.5 seconds to go through when activated with the Pico switch. Question: is there a way to make the Pico activate the ramp up at the same speed as the dimmer? This way, my Pico remote will be able to turn on my lights from a completely off state.
    Honestly, the Pico isn't that smart. I would try resetting the dimmer to factory defaults and re-pairing the Pico/dimmer.

Here is our very own SDR-Mike (and future hand model!) demonstrating the reset process.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/msuopf2ppe....MOV?dl=0Video
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Led lights requiring faster ramp rates

Hello, I'm having the same issue and guessing many others are as this is a common issue with LED lights. When putting them on a dimmer, and the ramp on rate is not fast enough the lights will not come on. This gets even worse when there are more LED lights on the same circuit. I modified the ramp on rate on my dimmer, works great. But the other 2 picos i have in that series replacing the original 4 way switches are ramping on at a different rate. How tough is it for the pico to just tell the dimmer switch to turn on exactly as it's been programmed to? I tried adding the device in the hub as well as pairing it directly to the switch, same result. I have seen this issue for years now on different boards. Please tell me someone has a work around or that lutron actually fixed this? Thanks!

Lutron Technical Support
    Hello Gilly_1, welcome to the Forums. Unfortunately there is no way to change the fade-on time of a Pico remote. We may recommend changing the low-end trim of the master dimmer to which this Pico is paired, as the performance discrepancy described is still attributed to an LED incompatibility issue, even if it is only present with the ramp-up speed of the Pico remote. If you can provide us with the model hard-wired dimmer you are using, we would be happy to provide low-end trim instructions!