Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RA2 - 11.5.1 - Keypad LED integration improvements:

RA2 - 11.5.1 - Keypad LED integration improvements:

Can someone from Lutron expand on the release notes for "Keypad LED integration improvements"? Are there new commands in the protocol and where would we find them?

In the release notes I see:

Quote Quote
    Keypad LED integration improvements: Ability added to use integration commands for controland monitor of LED states on an empty keypad button to show status of user defined customapplication.
    The protocol has always had commands to set and view the status of the LED lights on keypads, but historically this didn't work well (from what I recall, the LEDs would keep turning back off)... if this fixes that will be much easier to have custom 3rd party stuff on unused keypad buttons, without having to use dummy loads or other workarounds to control the LED...

I've never had any issues setting and maintaining the LED state. Seems like there is more to this, hopefully Lutron can shed some light.

Quote Originally Posted by rapamatic View Post
    In the release notes I see:

but historically this didn't work well (from what I recall, the LEDs would keep turning back off)......
    Perfect timing - I'm having this exact issue with a new RR2 install and integration. Any pointers to the release notes with the magical fixes/and or workarounds for getting the darned LEDs to actually stay on?

Quote Originally Posted by alistair View Post
    Perfect timing - I'm having this exact issue with a new RR2 install and integration. Any pointers to the release notes with the magical fixes/and or workarounds for getting the darned LEDs to actually stay on?
    Apologies. Ignore this - dumb question. The online training tool is giving out 10.6, which is riddled with integration bugs.... Sounds like 11.5.x will fixed this!