Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What things can customer add or change with the Connect App?

What things can customer add or change with the Connect App?

I've read https://www.lutron.com/technicaldocu...-app-guide.pdf but still a little confused about powers of adding or editing scenes the homeowner has with the connect app.I'm also confused about whether this the same for both QS and Radio Ra2. As far as I know they can't add any new devices, even a Pico, correct? Can they add their own Homeowner Keypad or would I need to add that in the software first for them? The Guide says that "The Lutron Connect app allows for editing of the Press On function of keypad buttons with standard programming" So does that only apply to Single Action (Room, Scene Momentary) and does NOT include toggle, raise, lower, etc.? Can they add or remove zones as well provided the button is not a shared scene per page 39?

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyCoog View Post
    I've read https://www.lutron.com/technicaldocu...-app-guide.pdf but still a little confused about powers of adding or editing scenes the homeowner has with the connect app.I'm also confused about whether this the same for both QS and Radio Ra2. As far as I know they can't add any new devices, even a Pico, correct? Can they add their own Homeowner Keypad or would I need to add that in the software first for them? The Guide says that "The Lutron Connect app allows for editing of the Press On function of keypad buttons with standard programming" So does that only apply to Single Action (Room, Scene Momentary) and does NOT include toggle, raise, lower, etc.? Can they add or remove zones as well provided the button is not a shared scene per page 39?
    They can not add any devices, physical or phantom. In HQS you can control what both the on and off press does. The Connect App can only edit the on press. If the button is anything other than single or toggle the Connect App can not edit it. So sequences and conditionals are a no.
    Convergence Technologies Raleigh, North Carolina
    www.convergenceusa.com

Quote Originally Posted by randyc View Post
    They can not add any devices, physical or phantom. In HQS you can control what both the on and off press does. The Connect App can only edit the on press. If the button is anything other than single or toggle the Connect App can not edit it. So sequences and conditionals are a no.
    But toggles are still edit-able?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thank you for your post SparkyCoog.

We do have a document that covers what edits can be done in the Connect App found here https://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocu...-App-Guide.pdf. Specifically on page 33 where we lay out edits are done.

As for the Toggle editing, you are able to get edit just the press on. We do not allow the press off as those lights programmed typically are going to go to off. Hope this helps!

Thank you for the explanation. It is clear for me.

Just as an update, I wish you would add a feature that lets the customer override the existing programming of a button so if it's a type that they can't control, they can still do it. Maybe give them a warning first. I can understand not giving them the ability to do conditional logic or other things, but they can at least be able to wipe off the programming and put their own.