Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Nest controlling Lutron Home/Away

Nest controlling Lutron Home/Away

Hi -

Does anyone know of a way for Nest to control the RadioRA 2 home/away feature? I know it's possible for RadioRA 2 to control Nest home/away but I'm looking for it to work the other way around. I already have Nest working exactly the way I want, and I really don't want to have to figure out the RadioRA 2 geofencing feature.

Thanks,
    Mike

Hello gt3mike,
    Thank you for your post.
    There is no option for Nest to control RadioRa2 home/away modes. The Arriving/Leaving setting is the app allows for an easy setup using the geofencing feature.
    Last edited by Blair S.; 01-02-2017 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks for your reply. I was aware of this feature, but it wasn't clear whether it would meet my needs. Does it allow for coordination between multiple devices in such that away mode is only triggered when all devices are away from home?

Reviving this older thread....

I would like to see RA2 offer the same option as Caseta to use Nest to control Home / Away status.

Lutron's built-in geofencing feature is useless for any households with multiple members (IE: most of them). Furthermore, Nest integration offers the benefit of motion sensors also informing Home/Away status, so that if a non-registered person enters the house (a contractor, a friend, a relative), it still goes to "home" state.

Quote Originally Posted by gt3mike View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I was aware of this feature, but it wasn't clear whether it would meet my needs. Does it allow for coordination between multiple devices in such that away mode is only triggered when all devices are away from home?
    - - - Updated - - -

Reviving this older thread....

I would like to see RA2 offer the same option as Caseta to use Nest to control Home / Away status.

Lutron's built-in geofencing feature is useless for any households with multiple members (IE: most of them). Furthermore, Nest integration offers the benefit of motion sensors also informing Home/Away status, so that if a non-registered person enters the house (a contractor, a friend, a relative), it still goes to "home" state.

Quote Originally Posted by gt3mike View Post

Caseta offers this!? SOOOOOOOOOOOO frustrating, if this is correct.

Lutron -- if this is correct -- could you please pass this request for enhancement on to the product designers? Please let me know if you need any clarification.

One clarification:

In Caseta, it simply triggers "Home" and "Away" scenes. For RA2, I would like to see it change timeclock modes as well.

7. Likes SDR-Mike, dvpvic liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by smart_home_guy View Post
    One clarification:

In Caseta, it simply triggers "Home" and "Away" scenes. For RA2, I would like to see it change timeclock modes as well.
    I agree. Changing timeclock mode would be the desired behavior.

9. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post
    Likes SDR-Mike, dvpvic liked this post
    UPDATE: I read this morning that Apple's iOS11 software will enable HomeKit to do multi-user geofencing, similar to Nest. I don't believe it integrates motion sensing, so not perfect. If the functionality continues to work the way it does today, HomeKit triggers a "scene" upon entering "Away" or "Home" mode. Perhaps this scene could simply trigger a virtual keypad in RadioRA2 which has time clock mode functions for "Home" and "Away". It's a bit of a workaround, but might solve the problem!

11. Thanks SDR-Mike thanked for this post