Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: SeeTouch LED's Not Always Responding Correctly

SeeTouch LED's Not Always Responding Correctly

I recently did an upload (HWQS 8.0) with a few unrelated program changes and ever since some of the keypads (hard-wired) are not always behaving. Sometimes (not always) I will press a button (scene or room logic - doesn't matter which) and the zone or scene will activate but the LED indicator on the keypad won't light up. Or, I'll will press again on a toggle button and the zone will go off but the LED on the keypad remains lit. Usually, if I press the button firmly for a really good press & release it will function like it's supposed to. But not always. Other keypads/buttons throughout the house will operate normally with just a tap pf the button.

Is this a known issue? Is it a hardware problem with the keypads? A software and/or communication problem?

Quote Originally Posted by David C. View Post
    I recently did an upload (HWQS 8.0) with a few unrelated program changes and ever since some of the keypads (hard-wired) are not always behaving. Sometimes (not always) I will press a button (scene or room logic - doesn't matter which) and the zone or scene will activate but the LED indicator on the keypad won't light up. Or, I'll will press again on a toggle button and the zone will go off but the LED on the keypad remains lit. Usually, if I press the button firmly for a really good press & release it will function like it's supposed to. But not always. Other keypads/buttons throughout the house will operate normally with just a tap pf the button.

Is this a known issue? Is it a hardware problem with the keypads? A software and/or communication problem?
    I don't believe it's a 'known' issue, but I have experienced what I would call 'lag' on systems that were JUST uploaded or still transferring to devices. I liken it to the triple-tap button problem that is often experienced with OPEN shades post-upload: the processor doesn't know the shades are open, so the first 2 presses of an open/stop/close/stop button don't affect the shade.

Is this system where you are seeing LEDs out of sync with the system a lighting panel job or RF dimmers? I do have a coworker who has caught his LEDs out of sync and we are yet to spend time on site looking for problems as it seemed intermittant to him and I figured it was a 'scene logic vs room logic' type perception problem.

Does the system you were writing about yesterday still have this problem? Can you detail the design: number of processors, types of keypads, panel or wallbox control, RF or all wired?

Quote Originally Posted by digit1 View Post
    I don't believe it's a 'known' issue, but I have experienced what I would call 'lag' on systems that were JUST uploaded or still transferring to devices. I liken it to the triple-tap button problem that is often experienced with OPEN shades post-upload: the processor doesn't know the shades are open, so the first 2 presses of an open/stop/close/stop button don't affect the shade.

Is this system where you are seeing LEDs out of sync with the system a lighting panel job or RF dimmers? I do have a coworker who has caught his LEDs out of sync and we are yet to spend time on site looking for problems as it seemed intermittant to him and I figured it was a 'scene logic vs room logic' type perception problem.

Does the system you were writing about yesterday still have this problem? Can you detail the design: number of processors, types of keypads, panel or wallbox control, RF or all wired?
    I'm aware of the post-upload shade position issue (although I think that bug has finally been fixed). However, my issue doesn't go away. And because it's intermittent it's one of those difficult troubleshooting problems.

System:

1 - Processor
    3 - WPMs (Hard-wired to QS Link)
    12 - See-Touch keypads (Hard-wired to QS Link)
    2 - RF Switches
    4 - RF Dimmers
    1 - Repeater (small house)

This issue happens on WPM loads and RF Maestro loads. In fact, I think it only happens on two or three of the keypads and it seems to be the same couple of loads. One troublesome load is a zone from a WPM>PHPM-PA>Exterior Floodlights. The other is a Maestro RF dimmer controlling a laundry room light.

I would say it sounds like you should send a support file into Lutron. Intermittent problems are definitely the hardest to fix as they are the hardest to catch. It does, however, sound vaguely like my co-worker's complaint so I guess I better pay close attention the next time they bring it up. If you catch it in the act, I'm curious to know what the log files read.
    Good luck-

I have recently experienced intermittently LEDs that were out of sync as well. Running 8.2 software. Two keypads - top and bottom of stairs. One button on each keypad that toggles a single stair light zone only on a WPM. Never had a problem in the past, but recently noticed it a few times. Program logic is a basic toggle with nothing "fancy". Can't be bothered yet to "catch it in the act"