Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lutron servers down?

Lutron servers down?

Wife noticed that she could not control light scenes from iPhone widget screen. I tried to open app on my phone and it timed out and then the same with her app.

Thing to note:
    Lutron app times out (wifi and cellular)
    Siri still works to control lights (wifi)
    Other homekit apps can still control Lutron devices (wifi)
    Internet connection seems ok since Nest thermostat dedicated app works (wifi and cellular)
    Tried rebooting router
    Tried rebooting smart hub
    Tried rebooting phones

I am happy to see that the homekit connects still work even though your servers don't respond. Please look into local connection as fallback like home kit if servers are not responding.

Have replaced all switches in home about a month ago and have been very happy with the quality of the caseta product line. Please look in to making the servers as robust as the devices.

Thanks

I'm experiencing the same thing today. I tried to re-log in via the iOS app but it flashes an "Authorization code" before timing out with the error "Can not connect to your Smart Bridge."

This has been happening to me at least a few times a week. It's getting to be very frustrating.

Has Lutron confirmed any of these outages? It would be nice if customers had some way to check the system status via a website/webpage, Twitter, etc.

5. Thanks digit1 thanked for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by asherrick View Post
    Has Lutron confirmed any of these outages? It would be nice if customers had some way to check the system status via a website/webpage, Twitter, etc.
    I haven't tried calling in. I feel like I'm going to have to soon, though. I haven't been able to access the app in at least a week now.

Quick Update: Since the day after my original post the app has been able to connect every time my wife and I have use it. (And we use it a couple times per day) I do agree that a status page would be helpful for troubleshooting when things are not working.

Quote Originally Posted by kehnr View Post
    Quick Update: Since the day after my original post the app has been able to connect every time my wife and I have use it. (And we use it a couple times per day) I do agree that a status page would be helpful for troubleshooting when things are not working.
    The servers seem to have been down, at least from yesterday afternoon, maybe before.It would be nice if Lutron would send us an e'mail alerting us of outages.

Did anyone find a server status page? I am down tonight... but was fine earlier...

Quote Originally Posted by TACagan View Post
    The servers seem to have been down, at least from yesterday afternoon, maybe before.It would be nice if Lutron would send us an e'mail alerting us of outages.
    Did anyone find a server status page? I am down tonight... but was fine earlier...
    of course the message isn't "server down" (really the more user friendly "Service is down", I get the same failed log-in after "connecting" - "Can not (sic) connect to your Smart Bridge." Cancel / Logout

Why would I logout? and i should be "Sign Out", you signed in then you sign out. Log is a developer term. Stuff like this needs some polish...

I'm down as well, a heads up or server status page would be great.

I emailed about finding out if there is a status page.

Quote Originally Posted by musicking View Post
    I'm down as well, a heads up or server status page would be great.
    I will update the thread if Lutron answers...
    Maybe they would just answer in the community. ;->

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast