Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lutron iOS app Will Not Accept Password

Lutron iOS app Will Not Accept Password

We have the Lutron app installed on several iOS devices. We have the latest version of the Lutron app and the latest version of Apple’s iOS.

For reasons unknown, the app disappeared from my wife’s iPhone 6s. To verify the app was missing I used the search function and it was not there. So, I simply re-downloaded the app from the app store.

Having my working iPhone 6 as a reference, I carefully copied the information requested from my iPhone 6 to my wife’s iPhone 6s. We both double checked everything. The username and password that works for my iPhone will not work on my wife’s iPhone.

Another interesting fact is I attempted to, “Enable Remote Access” on her iPhone. When doing so, I received a message saying, “System already linked to an account”. Well, it is linked to an account.

How can I get my wife’s iPhone to accept the known good username and password ?

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by KNRWSX View Post
    We have the Lutron app installed on several iOS devices. We have the latest version of the Lutron app and the latest version of Apple’s iOS.

For reasons unknown, the app disappeared from my wife’s iPhone 6s. To verify the app was missing I used the search function and it was not there. So, I simply re-downloaded the app from the app store.

Having my working iPhone 6 as a reference, I carefully copied the information requested from my iPhone 6 to my wife’s iPhone 6s. We both double checked everything. The username and password that works for my iPhone will not work on my wife’s iPhone.

Another interesting fact is I attempted to, “Enable Remote Access” on her iPhone. When doing so, I received a message saying, “System already linked to an account”. Well, it is linked to an account.

How can I get my wife’s iPhone to accept the known good username and password ?
    Dear KNRWSX,

Thank you for the information.

If you have the system already added to account then unfortunately you will not be able to add to a second account. The system can be accessed by two device remotely simultaneously. Both devices will need to login to the remote login using the same credentials.

On the "Systems" page you will see an option for "Remote Login". Choose the "Remote Login" option and login with your current remote access account. Then the system will appear on the current device and you will be able to connect remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    Dear KNRWSX,

Thank you for the information.

If you have the system already added to account then unfortunately you will not be able to add to a second account. The system can be accessed by two device remotely simultaneously. Both devices will need to login to the remote login using the same credentials.

On the "Systems" page you will see an option for "Remote Login". Choose the "Remote Login" option and login with your current remote access account. Then the system will appear on the current device and you will be able to connect remotely.
    It appears I was entering my username and password in the wrong part of the app. The System "information section" does provide an area that says username and password. Filling in that area was my mistake. Entering the username and password into the "Remote Login" did the trick.

Thank you very much for your assistance.