Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dimmer Percentages Not Calibrated

Dimmer Percentages Not Calibrated

Hi All,

I have a few Caseta wireless dimmers in my house. Most of them work just fine when I change the dim settings (say from 100% down to 25%). But in one room, when I try to dim it, the dim settings don't seem to jive. Specifically, they are way brighter than in any of the other rooms. I'll get it down to 2% and it will be just as bright as around 80% in any of the normally operating rooms. All the models of dimmers and lights are the same for all the different rooms. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks!

Lutron Technical Support
    You may need to adjust the Low-End Trim of the dimmer lower. It's probably set to high.
    See page 56 of http://www.casetawireless.com/Docume...ced%20Inst.pdf for adjusting the Low-End trim on a standard PD-6WCL dimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by JNova View Post
    Hi All,

I have a few Caseta wireless dimmers in my house. Most of them work just fine when I change the dim settings (say from 100% down to 25%). But in one room, when I try to dim it, the dim settings don't seem to jive. Specifically, they are way brighter than in any of the other rooms. I'll get it down to 2% and it will be just as bright as around 80% in any of the normally operating rooms. All the models of dimmers and lights are the same for all the different rooms. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks!
    Find it really comes down to the light bulb you are using. and just how much dimmability it has.

Lutron Technical Support
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    Find it really comes down to the light bulb you are using. and just how much dimmability it has.
    Yes, that is also a VERY large part of it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdust View Post
    +1 to that. Not all LED bulbs are created equal. Some have decidedly different dimming profiles than others. Very, very few of them have actual low-end dimming.

That and some vendors have had a back track record with consistency. What was called an XYX-123 a few years ago is not the same thing as what's being sold under that part number today. So, yeah, LED bulbs can be lot more complicated than people think.

Thanks Brian, that did the trick!