Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Integration Problems with 7.6

Integration Problems with 7.6

We are sending an Integration command to turn ON a light. It is turning ON and then OFF. We see this problem in 7.5 and 7.6. We did not have it earlier versions. If we revert back to an earlier (7.1) version, the problem is not manifested.

Please see the messages sent and received.

I’m sending an ON (DimTo 100) command to device 7, a lava lamp:

Tue Jul 08 10:41:46 PM Sent: #OUTPUT,7,1,100

Tue Jul 08 10:41:46 PM Rcvd: ~OUTPUT,7,1,100.00

Tue Jul 08 10:41:46 PM DimTo 100.00' (R110) LavaLamp ([2]Direct Command)

The string I get back (~OUTPUT,7,1,100.00) is verifying that device 7 was set (1) to level (100.00). This is what I expected.
    But here’s an additional message that is throwing things off:

Tue Jul 08 10:41:46 PM Rcvd: ~OUTPUT,7,29,0

Tue Jul 08 10:41:46 PM DimTo 0' (R110) LavaLamp ([2]External Command)

I’m interpreting that as device 7 is going to level 0. The ‘29’ is an unknown ‘action’ from Lutron that is not documented in the latest protocol doc (revision ‘O’).

2. Likes digit1 liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    This new action number is for future development of the system. We would first recommend ensuring you are using the latest version of the driver for the system you are integrating the RadioRA2 system with. You may also need to contact the third party manufacturer to determine how to programing the third party system to ignore this feedback.

Thank you for the response. However, the problem that we are having is that the command is turning the light ON and than OFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Imshea View Post
    We are sending an Integration command to turn ON a light. It is turning ON and then OFF. We see this problem in 7.5 and 7.6. We did not have it earlier versions. If we revert back to an earlier (7.1) version, the problem is not manifested.

Please see the messages sent and received.

I’m sending an ON (DimTo 100) command to device 7, a lava lamp:

Tue Jul 08 10:41:46 PM Sent: #OUTPUT,7,1,100

Tue Jul 08 10:41:46 PM Rcvd: ~OUTPUT,7,1,100.00

Tue Jul 08 10:41:46 PM DimTo 100.00' (R110) LavaLamp ([2]Direct Command)

The string I get back (~OUTPUT,7,1,100.00) is verifying that device 7 was set (1) to level (100.00). This is what I expected.
    But here’s an additional message that is throwing things off:

Tue Jul 08 10:41:46 PM Rcvd: ~OUTPUT,7,29,0

Tue Jul 08 10:41:46 PM DimTo 0' (R110) LavaLamp ([2]External Command)

I’m interpreting that as device 7 is going to level 0. The ‘29’ is an unknown ‘action’ from Lutron that is not documented in the latest protocol doc (revision ‘O’).

If you disconnect the third party system and use your computer to establish a telnet connection to the main repeater do you experience this same issue when sending the same command to the RadioRA2 system?

I can confirm that I am seeing this same issue with the "29" after every command is sent to the system as well. This is through a telnet session from my computer to the main repeater. I'm just ignoring it, but I too, was wondering what this was about.

I can live with the undocumented '29' action, but we are still having issues with random dimmer behavior. I connected to the repeater using a telnet app "PuTTYtel.exe" from here: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html. I controlled the dimmer using commands described above (#OUTPUT,7,1,100) but this time the dimmer worked as expected. I controlled the dimmer from our application and it too worked perfectly. About 4.5 hours later, the dimmer began turning itself off and on all by itself. Neither my app nor the telnet app displayed any messages from the repeater, nor did either app attempt to control the dimmer. The On/Off cycling continued for about 30 mins until I sent it a command to turn off.

I have not seen the random behavior that you describe... but I'm still at 7.5. I think I'll wait before going to 7.6!

Thanks

Were you able to create a support file either when this issue was occurring or after you resolved this issue that you could send in to systemsupport@Lutron.com for us to analyze?

We did send in a support file in a separate email, however we were told there was nothing relevant in the file. All of our other hardware is working correctly so we are attributing some of the weird behaviors seen with this particular dimmer to faulty hardware and we'll be replacing it with a newer dimmer. You can consider this issue "closed". Thanks for your help.