Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEDs connected to PD-6ANS flash when OFF

LEDs connected to PD-6ANS flash when OFF

LEDs connected to PD-6ANS flash when OFF

I have a pair of non-dimmable LED wall lights that I just connected to a PD-6ANS switch. The neutral is connected, and these outdoor lights are the only devices on this dedicated 15A GFCI circuit breaker. Each LED lamp is about 6 watts.

When the switch is turned OFF, the LEDs will flash about once every 4 seconds. As expected, they stop flashing when I pull out the tab on the switch, and begin again when the tab is pushed in.

I do not know the brand of LED, and I assume they are not on the official Lutron list, however I did not plan on using a dimmer so I assumed (incorrectly?) they should work.

Can I expect different performance from the PD-5WS switch? If so, do I need the MLC as well? Or is there something else I should be doing?

Justin in Dallas

You still should use an approved bulb. The gfci Might be an issue, but really not sure. I would call Lutron support and she what they say. (But start with an approved light first)

I'm curious to see what the outcome of this is. I have the same switch and the light flashes at about the same interval as yours. I do not believe it to be regarding incompatible LED bulbs as I have tried LED, CFL and Incandescant. They all have the flash. I have tried two different switches (both PD-6ANS). The first one had a slightly brighter flash, but they both do it. I might try calling support. If I do, I'll update this thread.

bobonit,

I did speak with Lutron Tech Support. They said to go ahead and install one of those MLC capacitors. They then sent me a few. I will be installing them this weekend. I will let you know. That said, Lutron Tech Support was pretty confident that would correct the problem.

Need to know what to do with the most picky customers I have ever come accross. Used compliant LED down light retrofit style recessed trims. When the Caseta wall switches are off the trims strobe. You can not see in normal daylight but if in pitch dark you can if your looking for it. The they meaning [20) 4" recessed lights blink, strobe, whatever you want to call it. HELP! NO ANSWER from tech support as of yet. They are holding money from GC until I can get an idea or anwer of some sort.

Curious to know how you make out with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin.coolDallas View Post
    bobonit,

I did speak with Lutron Tech Support. They said to go ahead and install one of those MLC capacitors. They then sent me a few. I will be installing them this weekend. I will let you know. That said, Lutron Tech Support was pretty confident that would correct the problem.
    Thats good news. I'll check back next week to see if you had any luck. Looks like a simple fix.
    Thanks, Bob

Making a complete turn around after the best customer support I believe that I have ever had to this date. Talked to a tech and the resolve under way. Very excited to see that my customer issue shall be finally resolved....thank you Lutron!

9. Likes Zach R. liked this post
    Did anybody manage to resolve this issue? I have the exact same issue with my PD-6ANS, lights flashing every four seconds when off. Did the LUT-MLC help?

To answer the question YES. The shunt capacitor is easy to install if you have room in your junction boxes. If you do not the Pro version of the pd-6ans is the answer as well. Both are a resolve to the "ghosting" issue. Good luck let us know how you make out. Again thanks to the awesome support of Lutron thank you all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast