Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lutron and Sonos...

Agreed. Plus the fact that its the same for the Android app.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthboHomeKitGuy View Post
    Based on my reading of the PR materials, you don't actually need the new Pico Audio remote. The control of the Sonos speakers is managed through the app. Once you add the Sonos speakers to your app, you can then assign the to the Pico Audio remote.

Re: the availability date... Nothing in the announcement specified that the feature was dependent upon iOS 10. Even if the feature was in some way dependent upon HomeKit (which I don't get the impression it is), that API already exists within iOS 9. I again point to the web page that indicates this capability requires "Lutron App 3.0 or newer." Given that the current rev of the app is 3.5.1, that's either a typo or something is amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
    I really do not see the point? Is 90% of the price of Sonos the app and integration it has with other music sources.
    I think it all depends on how the app does the integration. If I can have a particular music stream activated under scene control, I might want to have some good background music activated when I set the scene for "dining." Similarly, I might like to have another music stream activated when the geofence trigger inmates that my girlfriend has come home. Lots of possibilities for tying lighting scenes and particular streams of music together.

To be clear, I'm not talking about trying to replace the Sonos app—not at all. Just looking to have some situations be able to set both lighting level and music in parallel with one step.

I was very excited about the news until I saw that it was solely integrating with Sonos. I am not a Sonos user but Yamaha MusicCast. So this new Pico product is not a product for me. Nor for many other users.

I have over 25 Lutron Caseta devices and 3 Yamaha MusicCast. Would love to see an integration between them or with other products like Philips Hue.

Right now it feels like Caseta is good to control their own light switches/shaded or be controlled by 3rd party devices (IFFT, Harmony, Alexa, etc...)
    but Pico cannot be used as remote for 3rd party devices.

I would really like to see them come out with some new devices (like other brands have) instead of just linking apis

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Sonos integration will be supported in an upcoming app update that's scheduled to go out mid-September. After updating to the latest version of the app next month, you'll be able to pair Pico remotes for audio with your Sonos speakers for direct control of your Sonos system without having to use an app. You'll also be able to add your Sonos system to scenes within the Lutron app and do things like play a favorite station during dinner or pause all speakers after pressing your goodnight scene. You'll also be able to incorporate Sonos into geofencing so you can arrive to music that is already playing or automatically pause all speakers when you leave.

If you have any further questions about the newly announced Sonos integration, take a look at the FAQ below.

http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...-Sonos_FAQ.PDF

Eric,

Thanks for the official reply and the link to the FAQ. Suggest somebody update the http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/sonos.aspx web page to indicate that a future rev of the app is required.

While we've got you, can you give an update on when the Lutron Caseta app will be updated to support the latest HomeKit API? Would love to be able to have scene creation/execution portability across different HomeKit apps—including the Lutron app.

Thanks and best regards,

Tom

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthboHomeKitGuy View Post
    Eric,

Thanks for the official reply and the link to the FAQ. Suggest somebody update the http://www.casetawireless.com/Pages/sonos.aspx web page to indicate that a future rev of the app is required.

While we've got you, can you give an update on when the Lutron Caseta app will be updated to support the latest HomeKit API? Would love to be able to have scene creation/execution portability across different HomeKit apps—including the Lutron app.

Thanks and best regards,

Tom
    Thanks for the feedback. The webpage will be updated shortly to reflect that you need app version 4.0 for Sonos integration.

In regards to iOS 10, there will be an app update coming out next month for iOS 10 compatibility. Note though that HomeKit scenes will not be a part of that app update, though they are on our backlog list. HomeKit scenes can be created and modified in other HomeKit aggregator apps, like Apple's Home app, or the other HomeKit apps you've already mentioned on this forum.

I assume that the Lutron app and Pico will work with Sonos Connect, right? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, though it is pictured on the Sonos page on the Caseta site.

Quote Originally Posted by asherrick View Post
    I assume that the Lutron app and Pico will work with Sonos Connect, right? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere, though it is pictured on the Sonos page on the Caseta site.
    According to the FAQ it will
    http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...-Sonos_FAQ.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeetal View Post
    That's the FAQ for RadioRA 2 and HomeWorks QS. The Caseta FAQ, linked a few posts above, lists everything except the Connect. I'm guessing this is a mistake, but I wanted to confirm.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast