Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questions about smart bridge/smart bridge Pro

Questions about smart bridge/smart bridge Pro

Hello, I have 2 questions:
    1-Are informations like switches, shades and scenes stored on the smart bridge or is it somewhere on lutron's server? Say I want to make a scene to turn on every light at 2PM, and I lose my internet connection at 1:45, are my light gonna turn on? I know the question might sound kinda stupid, but it seems like evey other hub I've checked need to be connected to IFFT (smart things hub) or a proprietary server (wink hub), or just doesn't support clear connect.

2-Can I use 2 SB/SBP on the same local network? I'd like 1 in the living room and 1 in the master bedroom. Each would only control 1 caseta switch and 1 serena shade, so stuff like RRA2 is quite overkill imho. If it's possible at all, is there some big limitations?

Thank you for you answers.

Vinny

2. Likes sjakub liked this post
    Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVince View Post
    Hello, I have 2 questions:
    1-Are informations like switches, shades and scenes stored on the smart bridge or is it somewhere on lutron's server? Say I want to make a scene to turn on every light at 2PM, and I lose my internet connection at 1:45, are my light gonna turn on? I know the question might sound kinda stupid, but it seems like evey other hub I've checked need to be connected to IFFT (smart things hub) or a proprietary server (wink hub), or just doesn't support clear connect.

2-Can I use 2 SB/SBP on the same local network? I'd like 1 in the living room and 1 in the master bedroom. Each would only control 1 caseta switch and 1 serena shade, so stuff like RRA2 is quite overkill imho. If it's possible at all, is there some big limitations?

Thank you for you answers.

Vinny
    Vinny,

1). The information is stored on the Smart Bridge. The timed scene will still execute at 2PM as long as the Smart Bridge did not lose power after the Internet connection was lost.

2). A Smart Bridge can only have one account associated to it. If you have two Smart Bridges then you must have a separate account for each. This means if you want to use the Lutron App to control both Smart Bridges, you will need to log out of one account and then sign in to the second account in the Lutron App.

Have you considered putting one bridge half way between your two rooms? Often times the effective range is much greater than the conservative estimates.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P. View Post
    Vinny,

1). The information is stored on the Smart Bridge. The timed scene will still execute at 2PM as long as the Smart Bridge did not lose power after the Internet connection was lost.

2). A Smart Bridge can only have one account associated to it. If you have two Smart Bridges then you must have a separate account for each. This means if you want to use the Lutron App to control both Smart Bridges, you will need to log out of one account and then sign in to the second account in the Lutron App.
    Thanks for the answers. I have 2 last questions:
    1-Are the infos (scenes, etc...) stored in RAM or ROM? If I set the bridge up in one place, unplug it then plug it somewhere else, will all the configs remain?
    2-Is the bridge accessible from outside the LAN? Is there a small http server or something to access it? I have a static ip so it would be easy for me to "find" it from any internet connection.

Have a good day

Vinny

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Thanks for the answers. I have 2 last questions:
    1-Are the infos (scenes, etc...) stored in RAM or ROM? If I set the bridge up in one place, unplug it then plug it somewhere else, will all the configs remain?
    2-Is the bridge accessible from outside the LAN? Is there a small http server or something to access it? I have a static ip so it would be easy for me to "find" it from any internet connection.

Have a good day

Vinny
    Vinny,

1) The Smart Bridge will not lose it's information if it is unplugged. It has a power failure memory and will return to it's previous state when power is restored. This information is found in the spec sheet(http://www.lutron.com/TechnicalDocum...e_Pro_Spec.pdf)
    2) The Smart Bridge connects through the Internet to a remote server. As long as the Smart Bridge has Internet access and can communicate to the remote server you will be able to access your system from anywhere your device has Internet access.

Vinny
    Hi TheVince! It's been a while since you posted anything on this forum. Are you still around?

Still here

Quote Originally Posted by sjakub View Post
    Hi TheVince! It's been a while since you posted anything on this forum. Are you still around?
    I'm still here. What d'ya need pal?

I'm still here. What d'ya need pal?
    Nice to hear that!
    Could you please email me at my forum username at gmail? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sjakub View Post
    Nice to hear that!
    Could you please email me at my forum username at gmail? Thanks!
    done. then I need 10 characters to post this reply.

done. then I need 10 characters to post this reply.
    Can you ping me as well? I have a few technical questions & ideas I'd like to share. my username at hotmail. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast