Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Override Occupancy program.

Post Override Occupancy program.

Hi Everyone. I am looking for some help to solve the problem with programming my hallway lights.

2 x PIR’s (movement sensors) – one in the basement and one on the ground floor.
    2 x lighting circuits – spotlights and small LED’s just above steps.

All time (day and night) small LED’s are activated by both Movement sensors (PIR’s) - turn ON and stay lighting for 10 sec. just enough to pass the steps. When there is darker - between 2 hours before sunset until 11.00 pm spots are activated by PIR’s. I have programmed as below and work fine.
    I want to override Hallway lights from the keypad to switch it ON permanently when there is a cloudy weather and not enough light inside. Now I can switched it ON from keypad but after 10 sec they are switching OFF.

Thanks
    EK

Occupancy:
    If Time of Day Is From 2 hours Before Sunset to 11 pm Then
    Run Hallway Spotlights (Setting 20%, Fade 0s, Delay 0s)
    End if
    If Basement is Occupied Then
    Run Hallway Led’s

Unoccupied:
    Run Hallway OFF (Setting 0%, Fade 0s, Delay 10s)

Not to be less than helpful, but by describing this as for your own hallway lights, it sounds a bit like you are a homeowner and not dealer. Did you have a Certified Lutron Provider program your system initially and you now have the software? It helps to have context of how to answer this question....

Whdigital - thx for your replay. I have solved my problem - 12 hall lighting circuits controlled from 4 PIR's and 8 keypads.

I understand there are some kind of people for whom context is more important than solution.

For your info: PIR's are third part product with two states, movement detected - CC is close for 0.5-1 sek and open, or movement detected - CC is open and than close.
    No other things apart from extra time can be programmed.

Whdigital if you know how to programm it diffrent, more professional way just share it. If not just don't replay.

Kind regards
    Erion

Thanks for your comments, but I think it's fair to say that context is important because only Certified Dealers should be modifying systems in order to maintain support and full warranty from Lutron. Since you didn't actually answer my question I'll assume you are a homeowner managing your own system and say that I'm pleased you seem to have found a solution.

Whdigital: I feel that you have some kind of problem. I thought that this is Lutron Support Community not a Dealers Forum. If you like to make this kind of investigations why not become a cop?
    I am not a dealer but I am certified programmer of Lutron and few other systems. Yes, I have my own resi account, access to the soft, training materials etc.
    I hope that you have enough informationto sleep well and don't worry about Lutron products waranty and of course your future job.

Kind regards
    Erion

Relax sir! Your response is unnecessarily aggressive. I was only trying to clarify how to help you best, certainly not attack as you.

To be more productive though, and for anyone else following along, you might also look at (if you didn't already of course!) monitoring a given keypad button LED state as a part of your conditional statement(s). This would allow you to check if someone has pressed the button and you can override the otherwise automatic routine. Let me know if you want a formal example of it. Seriously, I'm happy to help just please drop the negativity.