Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chamberline MYQ openers not compatible with RA2 Visor Control

Chamberline MYQ openers not compatible with RA2 Visor Control

Per Chamberline tech support.

"Unfortunately, there is no way of disabling the Myq technology. The new MyQ openers use serial encryption to make a handshake with accessories like the wall control and remote light controls. The products need to be 2.0 security plus Chamberlain/LiftMaster branded to work with our newer MyQ openers."

If anyone has a work around, would be appreciated.

Thank you

One workaround is to replace the door opener with one of their old-school contact closure based door openers which probably costs less than messing around for hours/days trying to hack myq, and probably still needing additional interfaces anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by ekimla View Post
    One workaround is to replace the door opener with one of their old-school contact closure based door openers which probably costs less than messing around for hours/days trying to hack myq, and probably still needing additional interfaces anyways.

I believe that is what the Visor control essentially does, replace the existing remote with a contact closure. However, Chamberline has fixed an issue that didn't need fixing, which is encrypt the hardwire control as well. So replacing it with a contact closure seem to render the unit inoperable.

I could be wrong, but a very frustrating technology.

If Lutron integrates RR2 with Apple's HomeKit, you'll be able to tell Siri "goodnight" and it will close garage doors, etc.

If you take the cover off of the wall control provided with the door opener you can see the micro switch that is physically pressed when the door is toggled.

Use your continuity meter to determine to correct NO contact points on the circuit board and solider wire leads off these points to your normally open contact being used for control (VCRX, QSE-IO, etc.)

We have been doing these lately with the myQ hardware being installed on projects where garage door control was specified however we are moving away from spec'ing this without a special request from the client as it's kind of a pain in the ***.

6. Likes Scottydont liked this post
    I knew there was a work around! Are you doing the work around from the remote or from the board on the actual motor unit?

I will admit I don't fully understand. Maybe it will make more sense when I take a look at the unit.

This myq tech is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by BradKas View Post
    If you take the cover off of the wall control provided with the door opener you can see the micro switch that is physically pressed when the door is toggled.

Use your continuity meter to determine to correct NO contact points on the circuit board and solider wire leads off these points to your normally open contact being used for control (VCRX, QSE-IO, etc.)

We have been doing these lately with the myQ hardware being installed on projects where garage door control was specified however we are moving away from spec'ing this without a special request from the client as it's kind of a pain in the ***.
    See attached photo. I Could not find the right contact points for continuity when micro switch was depressed. I tried to find this with the unit disconnected. the micro switches are on the other side at the top right and left of this card (top and bottom left in the picture). Would it be easier to find contact points on a remote style opener instead of the wall unit?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160307_132701.jpg  

Liftmaster Chamberline MyQ integration with Lutron VCR

Lutron Visor Controls and Lutron Garage Controller have been successfully integrated so MyQ garage doors will open and lights will turn on or off with a button press on the visor controllers. It required some extra work because Liftmaster MyQ series garage openers no longer use a simple contact closure to open/close doors, but use serial secure 2.0 communication. To work around this I had Zach solder leads to the continuity pathways of the micro switches on the circuit board of a Liftmaster remote. See attached pics. I connected those leads to the contact closure trigger terminals of the Lutron Controller. Then it all worked once Lutron Visor control buttons were learned to the particular scene buttons on the Lutron Garage controller.
    Huge thanks to Zach at Sound Shoppe, Bishop CA for the professional soldering. He's experienced and has all the stuff: holders, clamps, pinchers, magnifier etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20160314_215532.jpg   20160317_151623.jpg  

this is great, but would be even better if the system can detect if door is open or closed. Then you could do things like "at midnight, close garage door" and system would know if it were up or down (like MyQ's own app does) and not end up inadvertently OPENING a closed garage door.

Then it would work just like lights do. It means I also could have zone-sensing keypad buttons that show a light when door is open, and goes off when door is closed... and pressing button either opens or closes door, as appropriate.

I suspect, to do that, we need either the connect bridge for radio ra or IFTTT integration or a direct link for MyQ from Lutron.

I finally got around to hacking the wall controller to work with my VCRX. The solution is pretty simple and looks great!

I have the standard LiftMaster wall control, I'm sure it is pretty much the same as the fancier model as the push button contact should be exactly the same.

This is the PCB board removed from the wall mount case:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	liftmaster_1.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	695

Here are the leads I soldered onto the contacts. I used some left over Triathlon power lead since the gauge was just right and the molded jacket was perfect!

Name:	liftmaster_2.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	696

Here is the finished product ready for installation.

Name:	liftmaster_3.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	697

Works like a champ and looks clean and professional!

- - - Updated - - -

I finally got around to hacking the wall controller to work with my VCRX. The solution is pretty simple and looks great!

I have the standard LiftMaster wall control, I'm sure it is pretty much the same as the fancier model as the push button contact should be exactly the same.

This is the PCB board removed from the wall mount case:

Name:	liftmaster_1.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	695

Here are the leads I soldered onto the contacts. I used some left over Triathlon power lead since the gauge was just right and the molded jacket was perfect!

Name:	liftmaster_2.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	696

Here is the finished product ready for installation.

Name:	liftmaster_3.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	697

Works like a champ and looks clean and professional!

12. Likes Blair S. liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast