Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chamberline MYQ openers not compatible with RA2 Visor Control

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Greene View Post
    I finally got around to hacking the wall controller to work with my VCRX. The solution is pretty simple and looks great!

I have the standard LiftMaster wall control, I'm sure it is pretty much the same as the fancier model as the push button contact should be exactly the same.

This is the PCB board removed from the wall mount case:

Attachment 695

Here are the leads I soldered onto the contacts. I used some left over Triathlon power lead since the gauge was just right and the molded jacket was perfect!
    Attachment 696

Here is the finished product ready for installation.

Attachment 697

Works like a champ and looks clean and professional!

- - - Updated - - -

I finally got around to hacking the wall controller to work with my VCRX. The solution is pretty simple and looks great!

I have the standard LiftMaster wall control, I'm sure it is pretty much the same as the fancier model as the push button contact should be exactly the same.

Attachment 695

Here are the leads I soldered onto the contacts. I used some left over Triathlon power lead since the gauge was just right and the molded jacket was perfect!
    Attachment 696

Attachment 697

Awesome! This is exactly what I did on my door. Ran the wire up to the contacts on the VCRX and it was a done deal

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 695

Attachment 696

Attachment 697

- - - Updated - - -

Attachment 695

Attachment 696

Attachment 697

Awesome! This is exactly what I did on my door. Ran the wire up to the contacts on the VCRX and it was a done deal

Instead of having to run a wire from in the switch to the vcrx, you can mount a vcrx and a remote next to the motor and connect them there.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-SE View Post
    Instead of having to run a wire from in the switch to the vcrx, you can mount a vcrx and a remote next to the motor and connect them there.

Yes that is an option, but I preferred to tie to the wall control for a cleaner install. Nearly all of my installs are for very high end luxury homes.

4. Likes dvpvic liked this post
    And rely on the battery of that little remote? When u have a high end client last thing I’m going to tell them is; Yea if your door quits opening just change that battery. I hard wired my Home first, and have done all other jobs the same.

- - - Updated - - -

And rely on the battery of that little remote? When u have a high end client last thing I’m going to tell them is; Yea if your door quits opening just change that battery. I hard wired my Home first, and have done all other jobs the same.

6. Likes Mike Greene liked this post
    Looks like this would work too. Might also help avoid warranty issues with Liftmaster/Chamberlain.

http://www.creativeaccesssolutions.c...roller=product

8. Thanks randyc thanked for this post
    Likes Blair S. liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholass817 View Post
    Looks like this would work too. Might also help avoid warranty issues with Liftmaster/Chamberlain.

http://www.creativeaccesssolutions.c...roller=product
    Hmm good find. That could be useful when garage door control wiring was prewired to the opener as was traditionally done before these MYQ openers.

Quote Originally Posted by johnmax View Post
    Hmm good find. That could be useful when garage door control wiring was prewired to the opener as was traditionally done before these MYQ openers.
    Agreed, I ordered one universal and one wireless since I have a couple 8500 jack shaft installs coming up. Though I don't mind doing the solder hack on the wall control and I generally install the VCRX just above the wall control buttons in new construction.

Agreed, I ordered one universal and one wireless since I have a couple 8500 jack shaft installs coming up. Though I don't mind doing the solder hack on the wall control and I generally install the VCRX just above the wall control buttons in new construction.
    umm... you prefer to mount the VCRX just above the wall control buttons in your high end luxury homes that you mentioned? If its new construction, why not just run the an extra wire from the wall controller to the VCRX mounted in a less conspicuous spot...say by the motor?

umm... you prefer to mount the VCRX just above the wall control buttons in your high end luxury homes that you mentioned? If its new construction, why not just run the an extra wire from the wall controller to the VCRX mounted in a less conspicuous spot...say by the motor?
    Yes I agree. Traditionally we prewire to the opener since we don't know what type will be used at that stage. I wouldnt want to see that lutron box on the wall either, even if it were in some enclosure.

Well, not *Just* above, but much higher up on the wall. It's not as hideous as you make it sound. For new construction, yah, can pretty much mount it out of sight and I consider proximity to alarm panel, GDO's etc.

In fact, today I have a job where there are three 8500 jack shaft GDO's already installed. Customer decided he wanted to control lights when opening the doors. There was no way to run wire from the motors, but we were able to cut in power in the same stud bay as the wall controls and fish wire from the VCRX down to the wall controls.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast