Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6 of 6 Activated, but 4 of 6 won't transfer

6 of 6 Activated, but 4 of 6 won't transfer

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to RadioRa

My repeater is wired direct to the network, static IP. No problems there.

Have 1 repeater, no aux. However, all the devices within 30'-00", and have no issues activating.

When I transfer only 2 of the 6 devices will transfer.

Get the "Error: Unable to Transfer. The Device is not communicating..."

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by JPsarianos View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to RadioRa

My repeater is wired direct to the network, static IP. No problems there.

Have 1 repeater, no aux. However, all the devices within 30'-00", and have no issues activating.

When I transfer only 2 of the 6 devices will transfer.

Get the "Error: Unable to Transfer. The Device is not communicating..."

Any ideas?
    After upgrading from 7.5 my system started randomly complaining about this too. In another thread someone else had the same observation. It does seem like newer RRA software is more sensitive to devices further away, but Lutron says otherwise.

Actually, the device thats in the master bedroom works fine. Its the furthest away of all the devices.

I have a device thats no more than 10'-00" from the repeater and it doesnt work

Actually, the device thats in the master bedroom works fine. Its the furthest away of all the devices.

I have a device thats no more than 10'-00" from the repeater and it doesnt work
    Yes I didn't speculate reduced range. I merely speculate increased sensitivity or fussiness. I have the same issue. Devices further away are fine. Even identical devices. I'm just saying you're the third person in recent weeks including myself to mention this observation but Lutron so far hasn't acknowledged

Hopefully, they address the issue soon in an update.

Hopefully, they address the issue soon in an update.
    Agreed, though I think we first need to convince Lutron there is indeed an issue.

Same problem - 8ANS switch worked fine previously; within range. Made programming change; no new devices, just revised some button programming. Activation of the 8ANS is good; but now transfer won't work. Device sits in multi-gang box with other devices that transfer fine. Tried to factory reset this device and again; still same. Maybe next stop is to factory reset the Main Rep; after that swap out the switch ...

BdDoles
    Don't factory reset the repeater unless you're really desperate. I've done this on a previous system, not the same prob your having, but I did it thinking it was my only hope Luke. BAAAAAD move. You will have to re-activate all your devices after you factory reset most every device. I say most because some devices activated on their own with existing number some would not.
    It's been awile and I may have done it wrong but I know it was not fun and it was a relatively small system.

Mitch - Many thanks for the advice. I haven't taken that step yet. After 10 or 12 Activate and Transfer steps, the 8ANS was finally "seen" by the system. Status of all devices was GOOD and no failures in Transfer. I could even control the device from my iPhone (a good indicator that the device is "in" the system). I was relieved. .... However, several hours later, with absolutely no change to the system, no further Activate or Transfer steps, the device was unresponsive to a command from my iPhone. Again it would Activate fine but not Transfer. Maybe I'll try an replace this with another 8ANS first.....

bdboles- what firmware/software version are you using? There are a few versions out there that can work intermittently during transfer/activations.
    Simple automation when DIY isn't working
    intuitivehomecontrols@gmail.com
    fb.me/intuitivehomecontrols

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast