Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lights Blinking

Lights Blinking

Hello All, we have a large installation of QS and are experiencing some weird randomness that we haven't been able to solve. A number of lights in the residence will "blink" from low to high once or multiple times (completely random). The homeowner has reported lights turning off then back on, though we have yet to witness this. The blinking is preceded by a loud buzzing - sounds like it's coming from fixtures/filaments. We have spent many hours with the GC, electricians, etc. but so far can't come up with anything. All panels have been checked for loose neutrals, all LV and communication wires have been checked, etc. This problem doesn't seem to be affecting any other systems in the house except the lighting.

I'm hoping someone may have some ideas or experienced something similar...we're at a bit of a loss and our customer is starting to get frustrated. Thanks, Dave

Same issue... mine is only occurring in a group of 3 light switches all 3 flash at the same rate briefly and randomly. No noise coming from the lights or switches while flashing. Lights are halogen led and incandescent. The LEDs are dimmable

Quote Originally Posted by dharriff View Post
    Hello All, we have a large installation of QS and are experiencing some weird randomness that we haven't been able to solve. A number of lights in the residence will "blink" from low to high once or multiple times (completely random). The homeowner has reported lights turning off then back on, though we have yet to witness this. The blinking is preceded by a loud buzzing - sounds like it's coming from fixtures/filaments. We have spent many hours with the GC, electricians, etc. but so far can't come up with anything. All panels have been checked for loose neutrals, all LV and communication wires have been checked, etc. This problem doesn't seem to be affecting any other systems in the house except the lighting.

I'm hoping someone may have some ideas or experienced something similar...we're at a bit of a loss and our customer is starting to get frustrated. Thanks, Dave
    What type of lamps? How many watts ? What type of control Rpm what type Local dimmer/Switch what model number

Hello, Im having the same issue!!! In one of my 4 lightning zones with lutron modules 4 halogen lamps turn on and then turn off (Slow blinking) some days during random hours. I Have checked every hardware and software and everything looks to be ok, I also called to the lutron support call center and this was new for them and the problem is very annoying. any solution ? thanks!!!

Authorized Lutron Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by silvamarin View Post
    Hello, Im having the same issue!!! In one of my 4 lightning zones with lutron modules 4 halogen lamps turn on and then turn off (Slow blinking) some days during random hours. I Have checked every hardware and software and everything looks to be ok, I also called to the lutron support call center and this was new for them and the problem is very annoying. any solution ? thanks!!!
    Dear silvamarin,

Thank you for the information.

Do you know if these lights are sharing neutrals with another circuit?
    Do these halogen lamps use a low voltage transformer?
    Have the outputs of the RPMs been swapped to see if it follows the RPM or stays with the load?